New York, NY - Posted: 12/23/16 | SHARE:
ABOUT THE RESOLUTION PROJECT
The Resolution Project ("Resolution") is a unique pathway to action for aspiring young leaders committed to changing the world. Resolution identifies and empowers undergraduate students across the globe who wish to launch new social ventures supported by Resolution's international network of resources. More than 200 Resolution Fellows, in more than 50 countries and on all six inhabited continents (including across the United States), are working in diverse, high-impact fields such as water, food, sustainable development, education, energy and the environment, equality and empowerment, health and wellness, and humanitarian relief. Supporting our Fellows are over 500 volunteers, a dedicated staff, and dozens of partners from both the public and private sectors. We are now seeking exceptional talent to join our growing staff!
The Development Associate will work closely with the VP – Development, Development Committee of the Board, and CEO to support all aspects of Resolution's development activities, with emphasis on corporate partnerships, foundation support, major gifts, and development-related logistical and administrative support. The candidate must be able to contribute to the creative growth of Resolution; help manage key development projects and processes; and develop a deep understanding of Resolution's programs and impact. The candidate must have a flexible schedule, and be prepared to join phone and in person meetings earlier and later than regular business hours, including some weekends.
Direct Fundraising Activities
- Generate targeted prospect research for individual, corporate, and foundation funding.
- Develop, draft, and edit letters of inquiry, proposals, PowerPoint presentations, and grant reports.
- Assist with the cultivation and stewardship of donors.
- Support the management of Resolution's corporate program partners including employee volunteers.
- Assist in development and implementation of email campaigns and social media fundraising.
- Develop quarterly constituent newsletter and other donor communications.
Logistical and Administrative Fundraising Support
- Assist with maintenance and operation of the Salesforce database.
- Provide administrative support for the donor stewardship and renewal processes, including, but not limited to:
- Coordinating, creating, and distributing donor materials including thank you letters, renewal packages, tax acknowledgment letters, etc.
- Coordinating follow-ups and financial receivables.
- Managing a comprehensive calendar of development-related events and timelines.
- Represent Resolution in a professional manner, including being knowledgeable about and responsive to questions about Resolution, donors and records, gift opportunities, and events.
- Manage development collateral materials, including keeping inventory, and coordinating and assisting in the creation and updating of materials.
- Provide general administrative support relating to development (mailings, correspondence, and filing).
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the Events team, including event planning and host committees.
- Assist in sponsor solicitation for corporation donations, auction items, and gift bags, including research, tracking, letters, and acknowledgments.
- Provide support as needed on all event functions, including: venue(s), sponsorship, auction, gift bags, production, logistics, transportation, branding, media, PR, creative design, printing, ticket sales/tracking, volunteers, VIP afterparty, and event follow-ups.
Other Related Duties, As Requested
The Resolution Project seeks candidates who are results-oriented and have strong project management and organizational skills. The Development Associate must have:
- Minimum of 2 years of professional development experience. Bachelor's degree required.
- Vigilant attention to detail and demonstrated commitment to meeting high-quality standards.
- Ability to work with a high-performing, entrepreneurial, hybrid professional and volunteer team, and flexibility in supporting other team members (both professional and volunteer) and functions as needed.
- High level of professionalism with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work closely with staff and volunteer leadership, as well as external partners.
- Ability to handle sensitive information about donors, team members, Resolution Fellows, methodologies, etc. with discretion and good judgment.
- Passion for young people making an impact, and commitment to social change and social entrepreneurship.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Computer literacy, including extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Familiarity with Drupal is a plus.
- Experience with donor database software (Salesforce preferred).
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Friendly and outgoing personality, a sense of optimism and enthusiasm, and dedication to teamwork.
Please visit http://www.idealist.org/view/job/THzJxc87Mncp/
The Resolution Project is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, religion, sexual orientation or political beliefs.