Dewey Graduate Library Administrative Support Assistant
Albany, NY - Posted on: Monday 08/01/16
About University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany's broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,300 students in eight schools and colleges across three campuses.
Located in Albany, New York, New York State's capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
The University at Albany Libraries seek a flexible and enthusiastic individual with a strong interest in providing user-focused support at the Dewey Graduate Library. The Dewey Graduate Library Administrative Support Assistant provides support for the day-to-day operations of the Dewey Graduate Library including oversight of the facility to ensure an environment conducive to study and research. The Administrative Support Assistant communicates effectively with library users and staff; liaises with Library Finance & Administration, downtown campus facilities, Library Systems, and other units in response to building and technology issues; and is expected to serve on library or university committees in service to the campus and library community. The Administrative Support Assistant collects and prepares statistics and assists in assessing trends; actively participates in planning and executing Dewey marketing and outreach activities; provides support for lending and access services; and has oversight of the Dewey Graduate Library supplies and equipment budget and inventory. The Administrative Support Assistant also provides oversight of clerical staff and student employees when their direct supervisor is not present, and assists with training.
The successful candidate must have the ability to work Monday-Thursday, 8am-4pm, and Friday, 11am-7pm, when classes are in session, and adjust to changes in work schedules based on the academic schedule. This may occasionally include evenings and weekends. This position reports to the Scholars Archive Administrator.
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Demonstrated effective problem resolution skills in a customer service environment
- Experience interacting and working effectively with a culturally diverse community
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to organize and handle multiple priorities
- Ability to accommodate work schedule changes necessitated by staffing and library service needs
- Strong computer skills, including working knowledge of standard office software (such as Word, Excel, Outlook) and ability to efficiently and effectively learn new applications
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Professional work experience in an academic library setting
- Experience working in an environment which includes changes in work schedules
- Demonstrated ability and desire to work in a highly collaborative and team environment
- Ability to use software (such as Excel) to record and analyze statistics
- Experience planning or participating in outreach and/or marketing activities
- Experience training and/or overseeing staff
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Instructional Support Associate, SL-2
Special Notes: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Closing date for receipt of applications: August 29, 2016
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=74482
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications
- Names of three professional references with contact information (include street address, telephone number, e-mail address)
- Finalists will be asked to submit official transcripts.
Note: After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your U-Albany Careers Account to check your completed application.