- Becker Career Center
- Director, Institute for Advanced Data Analytics & Full Professor, Computer Science, University at Albany, Albany, NY
Director, Institute for Advanced Data Analytics & Full Professor, Computer Science
Posted: 03/03/17 | SHARE:
As part of its expanding commitment to the field, The University at Albany, State University of New York, seeks a Founding Director for its recently established Institute for Advanced Data Analytics (IADA). This will be a senior level, full-time, twelve-month position.
The Director will be responsible for leveraging the University's deep assets in advanced data analytics into a nationally and internationally recognized Institute. The successful candidate will have an international reputation as both a data scientist and a leader in building novel multi-institutional, multidisciplinary, funded research collaborations.
The successful candidate will also demonstrate strong visionary and inspirational leadership skills, will be an effective and creative communicator able to convey the Institute's mission to multiple diverse audiences, and will have demonstrated success in fundraising and/or entrepreneurial revenue generation. The Director will assume responsibility for representing the University through networking and professional collaborations with internal and external constituents, industry stakeholders, schools and organizations, while developing resources for programmatic growth and sustainability. He or she will work collaboratively, efficiently, and effectively to develop and articulate the vision for, and achieve the goals of, the Institute while fostering a culture of responsible, consistent fiscal management and decision-making. The position will include a faculty appointment in the College of Engineering and Applied Sciences, possibly joint with another discipline closely related to the scientific mission of the Institute. The successful candidate will have a track record commensurate with the academic rank of full Professor in his or her primary field. There will be evidence of scholarly accomplishments such as refereed publications, technical reports, books and grantsmanship. Experience in directing a research center and evidence of leadership in the context of interdisciplinary research teams are highly desirable.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Engineering or another discipline closely related to the core scientific mission of the Institute from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education (DOE) or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Demonstrated history of creating and organizing interdisciplinary teams with a computational component
- Advanced oral and written communication skills to reach diverse audiences
- Successful experience in connecting and engaging government agencies in large funding opportunities including fundraising and other entrepreneurial revenue generation
- Evidence of scholarly accomplishments such as refereed publications, technical reports, books and grantsmanship appropriate for appointment at the rank of full Professor at a research-intensive university
- Willingness to participate actively in interdisciplinary research
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse population
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Full Professor, Competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=81492
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae (with publications and list of at least 3 references with contact information)
- Research Statement
- Teaching Statement
Note: After submitting your CV, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your U-Albany Careers Account to check your completed application.
Date to be filled: Fall 2017
Search will remain open until position is filled.