Albany, NY - Posted on: Tuesday 07/05/16
About University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany's broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,300 students in eight schools and colleges across three campuses.
Located in Albany, New York, New York State's capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
The mission of the NYKids project is to 1) inform schools about best practice, 2) inspire schools by reporting best practices from the field, and 3) improve schools through localized, targeted programs of professional development.
The Director will have an 80% time obligation and will work with the principal investigator/director of research and development (PI), and the Dean of the School of Education to oversee the following broad areas of program management:
- Monitor potential funding sources and collaborate with the PI, other faculty and partners to submit proposals when such projects support the project mission and the proposal can be competitive
- Develop and oversee the annual budgets to maximize impact of NYKids research, development, and outreach
- Negotiate contracts with partners and consultants
- Supervise the NYKids project coordinator
- With NYKids' PI, periodically communicate with and/or convene the advisory board and/or its strategic planning group
- Work with the project PI to identify and frame new field studies and oversee completion of studies
- Assist PI in developing protocols, obtaining IRB approvals, training other researchers and research assistants, and analyzing results
- Seek and capitalize on opportunities to promote the NYKids project, its products, findings, and resources within NYS (including conference presentations), sharing results with key policymakers
- Publish articles about NYKids, especially in publications for educators, policymakers, and the public in NYS
- Submit articles to national as well as state-based publications sharing NYKids' findings
- Represent the University at Albany School of Education
- Ensure the quality and completeness of the NYKids website as well as the affiliated KnowYourSchools interactive website
- With the PI determine what products to produce to share findings of each study and the communications channels to reach key audiences, including web, print, social media, traditional media, etc., and oversee production of all
- Master's degree from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Dept. of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Experience managing or leading research teams or similar projects
- Experience in K-12 settings as an administrator, teacher, or support staff
- Successful applicants will provide evidence of education-based research (practitioner and/or research-oriented), including published articles or reports, and/or presentations.
- All applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Experience with grant proposal writing
First consideration will be given to University at Albany employees in UUP professional positions, with permanent, term, or probationary status.
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Staff Associate, SL-4
Closing date for receipt of applications: August 5, 2016
Start Date: As soon as possible
A review of applications will begin immediately.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=73216
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications
- Contact information for three references
- Sample research project (e.g. white paper, report, article) via Interview Exchange
Note: After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your U-Albany Careers Account to check your completed application.