- Offices & Services
- Becker Career Center
- Alumni Jobs Bulletin
- Alumni Job Listings
- Director of Business Operations
Director of Business Operations
Albany, NY - Posted on: Wednesday 06/29/16
About Research Foundation for SUNY System:
The Research Foundation for The State University of New York (RF) is the largest, most comprehensive university-connected research foundation in the country.
Serving SUNY and New York State, the RF provides essential services to SUNY faculty, students and staff who are performing life-changing research in life sciences and medicine; engineering and nanotechnology; physical sciences and energy; social sciences; and computer and information sciences. More than 15,000 dedicated RF employees work on SUNY-led research, training and public service projects throughout New York, across the country and around the world.
This position is being offered through the Research Foundation for SUNY at the SUNY System Administration Sponsored Programs Office. System Administration's Sponsored Programs Office is an operating location of The Research Foundation for SUNY, a private, nonprofit educational corporation supporting externally funded research, education and public service at the State University of New York. The position is located in downtown Albany, NY.
This position leads the daily financial, accounting, accounts payable and purchasing operation for Research Foundation held projects and activities. Duties support approximately $26 million dollars in annual expenditures and are at times complex and deadline oriented.
- Manages business operations and supervises business operations staff within SUNY System Administration's Sponsored Programs Office
- Oversees accounts payable and purchasing
- Reviews and approves requests for purchases and payments
- Prepares responses to business inquiries from internal and external parties
- Reconciles bank accounts and ensures accurate allocation of project charges
- Provides training and support to location staff on use of financial systems
- Prepares and presents financial reports to management
- Negotiates vendor and independent contractor agreements
- Manages cash, deposits and wire transfers
- Acts on behalf of System Administration's Operations Manager for delegated duties
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Ability to exercise professional judgment to make sound recommendations as needed.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power-point.
- Able to electronically manipulate and analyze large amounts of financial data.
- Knowledge of basic accounting and business principles; familiarity with sponsored programs rules and regulations preferred.
- Experience with purchasing and accounts payable.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of project/administrative staff and managers within SUNY System Administration and the Research Foundation for SUNY.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required; with 3-5 years (5+ preferred) of professional experience with automated financial and/or grants management systems. Master's degree with a concentration in business and finance preferred.
- Preference given to candidate with relevant higher educational administrative or business experience and/or working with administration of externally sponsored grants.
Applicants must meet the minimum requirements to be considered for this position. Please reference Job # in all correspondence regarding this position.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, The Research Foundation for SUNY will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.