- Becker Career Center
- Director of Leadership Team Operations, Research Foundation for The State University of New York (RF), Albany, NY
Director of Leadership Team Operations
Albany, NY - Posted: 11/01/16 | SHARE:
About Research Foundation for SUNY System:
The Research Foundation for The State University of New York (RF) is the largest, most comprehensive university-connected research foundation in the country.
Serving SUNY and New York State, the RF provides essential services to SUNY faculty, students and staff who are performing life-changing research in life sciences and medicine; engineering and nanotechnology; physical sciences and energy; social sciences; and computer and information sciences. More than 15,000 dedicated RF employees work on SUNY-led research, training and public service projects throughout New York, across the country and around the world.
This position is being offered through the Research Foundation for SUNY at the Charter Schools Institute in Albany. The Charter Schools Institute was established by the Board of Trustees of the State University of New York (SUNY) in February, 1999, and is charged with carrying out its responsibilities under the New York Charter Schools Act of 1998 (Article 56 of the New York Education Law).
The Director of Leadership Team Operations at SUNY's Charter Schools Institute serves with the nationally award winning team of high quality charter school authorizers. Reporting to the Institute's Managing Director for Operations and Finance, the Director of Leadership Team Operations assists with the management of Institute core functions: including ensuring fidelity to internal policies, procedures and operations central to ensuring strong Institute operations and streamline the process of managing documentation and data needed to comply with authorizing reporting requirements and fulfill the obligations of a providing strong oversight through an electronic system for both the Albany (main) office and the New York City office; management of the compilation of reports, resolutions, memos and additional binder materials requested for dissemination to the Charter Schools Committee members prior to scheduled committee meetings; works in coordination with the program support staff in the processing of final renewal reports, new charter application summary of findings reports, on-going academic performance evaluation reports and on-going site visit reports. The Director of Leadership Team Operations is responsible for overseeing the implementation and ongoing monitoring of advanced technology support systems specific to the needs of charter authorizer's oversight responsibilities. The Director of Leadership Team Operations will supervise a support team. The Director of Leadership Team Operations position is a management function under the overall supervision of the Executive Deputy Director and General Counsel as reflected in the Institute's organizational chart.
SUNY's Charter Schools Institute has a fast-paced work environment committed to supporting the SUNY Trustees in ensuring SUNY authorized charter schools demonstrate strong academic, fiscal and organizational performance as measured by the SUNY Renewal Benchmarks. The Director of Leadership Team Operations demonstrates the drive and desire to propel improved internal Institute operations, implement advanced technology, documentation, organizational operations and public reporting for all schools through high quality authorizing practices. The position requires strong communication skills, the ability to manage a team to gather, organize, analyze and produce a high volume of information in a timely and accessible manner; infuse quality, coherence and organization throughout all assigned tasks; and embrace the opportunity to work with a national model for high quality charter school oversight.
Specific duties will include:
- Oversight and management of report finalization processes. Including the oversight of report process checklists; filing of reports in the school files in the DMS; transmittal of cover letters under the Executive Directors signature and reports to the board chairs and school leaders as approved;
- Oversight and management of the compilation of reports, resolutions, memos and additional binder materials requested by the Executive Director for dissemination to the Charter Schools Committee members. Includes the filing of documents in the related Board of Trustees files in the legal compliance section of the DMS;
- Oversight and management of advanced technology support systems implemented to monitor charters. Assist in the development of new systems and oversee the administration of training and implementation for the entire staff;
- Program management as directed on special projects to implement work flow administration and finalize work products for dissemination;
- Supervise the work of an administrative team that may include IT Specialist, Secretary and/or Administrative Analyst titles;
- Administrative management of the Charter Schools Committee scheduling of space and meeting needs; and
- Other duties as directed by the Managing Director of Operations and Finance.
Minimum of B.A./B.S. in a related field. At least five years of experience in a relevant position preferred. Strong communication skills and at least 3 years of project management skills to include creating, monitoring and documenting organizational systems and protocols for internal operations; design/implementation of organizational and administrative procedures. Ability to problem-solve and maintain a solution orientated approach to work required. Proficiency in Microsoft applications, familiarity with Indesign, document management systems, technical operating systems and equipment required. Ability to work independently with strong attention to detail and organization required. Familiarity with Research Foundation and SUNY policies and procedures preferred. Familiarity with charter authorizing preferred.
Location: Albany, NY
Salary: Range of $68,000-$75,000, commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, The Research Foundation for SUNY will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.