Director of Operations
Lake Success, NY - Posted on: Tuesday 06/21/16
ProHEALTH one of the largest private multi-specialty medical practices in the Northeast and has been serving the health needs of Long Island and the Greater New York Metropolitan area since 1997. Along with outstanding physician leadership, state-of-the art technology, and advanced clinical laboratories, ProHEALTH patients enjoy comprehensive and superior medical services at locations throughout Long Island and New York City.
The Director of Operations is responsible for managing overall ProHEALTH practice operations in accordance with plans and budgets. Ensures that ProHEALTH’s goals, objectives, and vision, including the move from volume to value are achieved. Working with the VP of Operations and Chief Operating Officer, develops short and long range plans with a focus on continuous improvement, establishes and implements policies and procedures, and identifies growth opportunities. Direct oversight of daily operations over centralized management, processes, and functions. This position reports to ProHEALTH’s VP of Operations.
- Create an environment which is consistent with the company’s values and objectives.
- Responsible for establishing and achieving financial, customer service goals for the local market.
- In collaboration with the VP of Operations, Practice Managers and clinicians, establish an aggressive and strategic business plan to develop the market practice and internal processes.
- Responsible for daily oversight of Central management and revenue cycle.
- Responsible for overseeing local management and supporting daily functions.
- Monitor, track and address KPI trends.
- Responsible for supporting the Clinical Services strategic mission.
- Provide leadership and serve as a mentor and a coach to Practice Managers and staff.
- Assess, monitor and develop office manager’s skill levels to ensure they meet quality standards.
- Assist Vice President, Operations in providing training to achieve positive patient outcomes, employee satisfaction, customer service and clinical excellence.
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to evaluate and monitor clinical capabilities and skill levels.
- Ability to develop and execute business plans and achieve strategic marketing and operating goals.
- Ability to manage, develop and motivate employees.
- Ability to prepare, interpret and analyze financial statements.
- Required to be proficient in Windows Based office technologies (ex. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Master’s degree preferred
- More than 10 years related work experience required and 5-8 years supervisory/management experience required
- Experience with healthcare operations leadership
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases
Please send your resume & salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ProHEALTH is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.