- Offices & Services
- Becker Career Center
- Alumni Jobs Bulletin
- Alumni Job Listings
- Director of Santa Barbara and Ventura Counties
Director of Santa Barbara and Ventura Counties
Los Angles, CA - Posted on: Monday 11/21/16
Who We Are
LACI is the City of Los Angeles’ official cleantech business incubator established in 2011 to accelerate the commercialization of clean technology and job creation in the region. LACI was recently ranked #3 on the list of Global Top University Associated Business Incubators for 2015. Our Advanced Prototyping Center (APC) offers world-class rapid prototyping, laboratories and training in a state of the art facility. LACI is headquartered in the La Kretz Innovation campus in downtown Los Angles, LA’s new cleantech industry hub.The Campus is 60,000 square feet of office space, R&D labs, prototype manufacturing workshops, training centers, and event space.
General Description of Duties:
LACI is seeking a full-time Director of Santa Barbara and Ventura Counties for its new Regional Energy Innovation Cluster program. The Regional Energy Innovation Cluster’s (REIC) primary objective is to build, connect and support the clean energy entrepreneur eco system through out Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles and Orange Counties. LACI’s REIC program is one of four clean energy clusters funded by the California Energy Commission with the goal of encouraging and accelerating clean energy technology commercialization.
The Director of Santa Barbara and Ventura Counties will effectively convene and link entrepreneurs, researchers, universities, technologists, engineers, municipalities, corporations, and local and county government staff to assess the regional energy needs and encourage and accelerate clean energy technology commercialization to address those needs. The Director will engage clean energy researcher sand entrepreneurs, encouraging them to join the REIC program, build a robust network of business and technical services referrals, and catalyze a portfolio of early stage clean energy REIC program entrepreneurs. This position requires relationship development and management as well as a familiarity with the clean energy sector and clean energy entrepreneur ship.
The Director of Santa Barbara and Ventura Counties will work closely with the Directors of Los Angeles and Orange Counties and will report to the VP Regional Energy Innovation Cluster. This position is based remotely out of two hubs – the Community Environmental Council in Santa Barbara and California State University, Channel Islands -and will require regular travel throughout Santa Barbara and Ventura Counties with occasional trips to Los Angeles.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and coordinate a county-wide clean energy eco system assessment and stakeholder engagement strategy
- Assist with building a framework for evaluating clean energy sector business models, challenges, opportunities and sub–sectors
- Spearhead and coordinate REIC program promotion, marketing, events, and outreach
- Source, vet, and select early stage clean energy company applicants to the REIC program
- Form a business and technical services referral network that funnels REIC companies to appropriate entrepreneur ship and commercialization programs and resources
- Support a portfolio of clean energy researchers and entrepreneurs seeking to commercialize their products and services by:
- Facilitating business and technical services referrals
- Providing coaching feedback through regular check-in meetings
- Supporting the work of the other County Directors and the state wide CalSEED program
- Introducing qualified entrepreneurs to pilot project sites and testing facilities, including developing demonstration projects for the La Kretz Innovation Campus
- Monitor the progress of the Santa Barbara / Ventura portfolio of REIC companies and produce regular progress reports, case studies, and program marketing collateral
- Experience building and growing clean energy businesses is preferred. Otherwise, experience as a connected clean energy stakeholder is required
- Experience developing and managing programs
- Experience galvanizing support and inspiring action among multiple stakeholders around a common goal
- A proactive, pro-environment, pro-solutions professional that is dedicated to making the world a cleaner, safer, better place to live in through the effective implementation of new sustainable technologies
- While LACI is a non-profit, it more closely resembles a start-up with a rapidly changing environment. The successful candidate will need to play multiple positions well, be comfortable in a results-oriented culture, and not require day-to-day hand holding to be successful
- Full benefit package offered by the organization
- Beautiful, fun, office environment in the hub of cleantech and start-up incubation
- Spend your days with the best and brightest engineers and entrepreneurs making a difference in the world
To be considered, please apply online here.