- Becker Career Center
- Director/Producer of the Theatre Program, University at Albany, Albany, NY
Director/Producer of the Theatre Program
Posted: 01/31/17 | SHARE:
The Theatre Program at the University at Albany has reestablished its undergraduate major, and we are currently seeking a full-time Director/Producer at the Associate Professor level who will teach two or three courses per semester, depending on production or administrative assignments, help us re-grow the Theatre major, provide vision and enthusiasm to the Theatre Program, embrace the challenges and opportunities of our five-theatre Performing Arts Center, and participate in service to the program, College, University, and community. This person will serve as the Producer and Director of the Theatre Program, which carries a one-course per academic year release. It is also expected that the successful candidate will continue to engage in scholarly/creative activity commensurate with a senior-level appointment.
The University at Albany's Theatre Program is seeking to recruit faculty who enthusiastically support our strong commitment to the academic success of all of our students, including students of color, students with disabilities, students who are first generation to college, veterans, students with varied socio-economic backgrounds, and students of diverse sexual orientations and gender expressions. UAlbany seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve and engage the community, to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students a rich variety of expertise and perspectives.
- MFA in Directing or appropriate terminal degree in aligned field from a university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Substantial university-level teaching of directing and demonstrated expertise in related fields such as acting, voice for the actor, stage movement, play analysis
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for teaching and advising undergraduates in a liberal arts environment
- Strong evidence of professional achievement nationally, such as a record of professional directing credits sufficient for appointment at the associate professor level
- Evidence of strong skills and capacity to work collaboratively with faculty, staff, and students
- Active involvement in professional organizations, and connections to professional theatres and graduate training programs
- Demonstrated expertise and experience facilitating production processes as a producer
- Ability and commitment to represent the Theatre Program and the discipline within the university, and in the local and national community
- University level administrative experience, including in curricular and budgetary matters
- Experience in and commitment to working with and instructing a culturally diverse population, and to mentoring and recruiting students
- Work in new play development
- Fundraising and donor development
- Expertise in voice or movement for actors
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Associate Professor
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=80222
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Letter of interest addressing position qualifications and ability to work with a culturally diverse population
- Current CV
- Brief teaching philosophy statement
- Directing samples/portfolio
- Names and contact information for a minimum of four professional/academic references
- Unofficial copies of transcripts (official transcripts are required when offer of employment is accepted)
Note: After submitting your CV, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your U-Albany Careers Account to check your completed application.
Start Date: April 2017
A review of applications will begin on February 15, 2017.