- Offices & Services
- Becker Career Center
- Alumni Jobs Bulletin
- Alumni Job Listings
- Distance Learning Trainer/Developer
Distance Learning Trainer/Developer
New York, NY - Posted on: Thursday 09/15/16
Since its inception in 2003, the School of Professional Studies of the City University of New York (CUNY SPS) has launched eighteen degrees: ten bachelor’s degrees open to students with 24 or more college credits who wish to complete their undergraduate studies, and eight master’s degrees, with more programs currently in development. CUNY SPS leads the University in developing and operating online degree programs, and trains faculty throughout CUNY in online instruction. CUNY SPS is also the home of the Joseph S. Murphy Institute for Worker Education and Labor Studies, which offers higher education programs for working adults and union members, and serves as a nationally-recognized center for scholarship and resources for labor, academic and community leaders seeking a deeper understanding of labor and urban issues.
In addition to offering degree programs, CUNY SPS develops and delivers custom learning programs for numerous New York City and New York State agencies. CUNY SPS seeks a full-time Distance Learning Trainer/Developer for its program partnership with the New York State Office of Children and Family Services Bureau of Training and Development (OCFS BTD). Through this partnership, CUNY SPS’ distance learning team develops and delivers online training to thousands of OCFS employees and non-profit provider agency staff. Our team uses synchronous and asynchronous learning technologies to create change and efficiencies in human service agencies throughout New York State. We have a track record of creating cutting-edge learning experiences and integrating technologies into blended learning solutions.
This position is physically located on-site at the NYS Office of Children and Family Services in Albany-Rensselaer, New York.
This position supports educational training, technology, and distance learning initiatives in a human services environment. The successful candidate will be highly committed and have experience in distance learning development and implementation, course authoring, and an expertise in MS Office applications. The successful candidate will also be interested in working with new technologies, detail and customer service oriented, and able to handle multiple priorities. Demonstrated experience in multimedia asynchronous development or in live web-based training or experience as a stand-up trainer is required. As part of the interview process, candidates may be asked to provide samples of their work.
Reporting to the Distance Learning Supervisor, the Distance Learning Trainer/Developer will perform the following job duties:
- Develop new, and convert existing, courses to be delivered as online synchronous or asynchronous training;
- Liaison to subject matter experts around synchronous or asynchronous development;
- Assess projects and determine the appropriate use of technology;
- Make development related decisions informed by pedagogical/adult learning theory or research
- Perform tasks necessary to the project management of online learning development.
- Provide technical assistance and support to learners/trainers; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, with degree in related field preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications required.
- Experience developing with asynchronous development tools (e.g., Storyline, Lectora, Captivate, Camtasia, etc.) or experience with synchronous training tools (e.g., iLinc, WebEx, GoToMeeting, etc.) is required.
- Experience with multimedia development software (e.g., Photoshop, Flash, Corel VisualStudio Pro, etc.) a plus.
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas, concepts and visions for distance learning projects.
- Ability to work as part of a learning team.
THE RESEARCH FOUNDATION OF THE CITY UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/ AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT, E-VERIFY EMPLOYER.