- Offices & Services
- Becker Career Center
- Alumni Jobs Bulletin
- Alumni Job Listings
- Donor Relations Staff Assistant
Donor Relations Staff Assistant
Albany, NY - Posted on: Thursday 08/25/16
About University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany's broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,300 students in eight schools and colleges across three campuses.
Located in Albany, New York, New York State's capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
The Office of Donor Relations, in the Division of University Development, is hiring a Donor Relations Staff Assistant. The primary responsibilities will include:
- Managing, researching, drafting and tracking high-level donor acknowledgement letters integral to the division's stewardship efforts, including presidential and vice-presidential level acknowledgement letters
- Overseeing aspects of our comprehensive acknowledgement program, including but not limited to managing the production/writing of specialized acknowledgement letters (stock/bond, gifts-in-kind, memorial/honoraria, soft credit letters, first-time donor outreach, etc.) and working in collaboration with the various schools/departments regarding gift information and proper gift acknowledgement
- Ensuring and managing the regular production, updating and mailing (via both traditional and e-mail methods) of donor gift receipts
- Providing charitable gift/pledge information to colleagues within the Division of Development, the campus community and specific offices/donors
- Working in collaboration directly with the division's IT and data management staffs to manage, update and enhance the stewardship/donor relations acknowledgements and procedures via the division's relational database
- Managing and overseeing work-study students and their appropriate work flow within Donor Relations
- Overseeing the equipment/supplies/software related to acknowledgement/receipt production
- Providing assistance to Donor Relations colleagues
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization is required.
- Excellent writing, organizational and communication skills are required.
- Excellent computer/database skills are required.
- At least one year of previous donor relations, development or office experience is required.
- Applicant must address in their application their ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Preference will be given to applicants with prior relational database experience.
- Preference will be given to those applicants with prior experience in an institution of higher education or not-for-profit setting.
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Staff Assistant, SL-2
Closing date for receipt of applications: September 17, 2016
Start Date: October 1, 2016
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=75480
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications
- Writing sample
- Three professional references
Note: After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your U-Albany Careers Account to check your completed application.