- Becker Career Center
- Drama Therapy Program Coordinator, California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS), San Francisco, California
Drama Therapy Program Coordinator - 80% FTE
Posted: 01/20/17 | SHARE:
Position: Drama Therapy Program Coordinator - 80% FTE
Department: Drama Therapy
Supervisor: Program Chair
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Part-Time Position
California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) is an internationally-recognized leader in integral education. CIIS has an enrollment of more than 1,600 students pursuing degrees in a variety of academic programs in its schools of Consciousness and Transformation, Professional Psychology and Health, Undergraduate Studies, and American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine. In addition, CIIS hosts a vibrant art exhibition program through The Arts at CIIS, and offers a dynamic array of events through its Public Programs & Performances division, including workshops, concerts, and conferences. The University provides low-cost mental health and acupuncture services to the San Francisco Bay Area through its 10 award-winning counseling and acupuncture clinics. CIIS is accredited by the Western Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) and Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM).
Speak with and write to current and prospective students, submit updated content for website posting, update program handbook, take notes at program meetings, track enrollment in courses, post syllabi and handouts to My.CIIS website, maintain email lists, participate in program assessment process, process check requests, organize program events, help with stage managing performance events, respond to inquiries, maintain practicum site listings, answer phones, maintain files and databases. Overall, administratively oversee and maintain program's smooth functioning. Perform additional duties as requested.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Serves as main program contact for continuing and incoming student inquiries by email, phone, and in person.
• Acts as liaison between the program and other CIIS departments; works closely with Admissions, Registration, Financial Aid, and Dean of Students offices.
• Coordinates and manages scheduling of courses, special events, and meetings within program.
• Assists/advises students, in conjunction with Academic Advisors and Student Services, regarding program information, deadlines, responsibilities, and CIIS processes and procedures.
• Maintains departmental files and student records, as well as student and adjunct faculty mailboxes; maintains the Drama Therapy database.
• Tracks Drama Therapy student's enrollment status each semester; maintains and updates student roster.
• Assists in the orientation of new students and answers general student advising questions (those not requiring formal meeting with Academic Advisor) about the program.
• Provides clerical support for Program Director and faculty, including composing correspondence, typing, copying, filing, check requests, and maintaining office supplies.
• Attends CIIS staff meetings and Program Coordinator meetings.
• Trains and supervises student workers and temporary workers in the Drama Therapy office.
• Works closely with Masters in Counseling Psychology Program Coordinator in coordinating classes.
• Holds consistent office hours, serving as an administrative "base" for the program, and assisting Program Director with a variety of administrative tasks.
• Minimum of two years of administrative experience and a BA degree
• Excellent skills in written communication (writing, editing, correspondence)
• Excellent oral communication skills; ability to interact with students, faculty, staff, and the outside community with diplomacy, patience, and sound judgment
• Ability to work both independently (and take initiative) and collaboratively (as part of a collegial team)
• Understanding of the graduate academic environment and confidentiality issues
• Strong organizational skills - to maintain an efficient office
• Office management skills, computer and word processing skills
• Capacity to conduct a variety of tasks (multi-task) in a composed and professional manner
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
• Duties are primarily performed in an office environment at a desk or computer terminal, typically, Monday through Friday.
• Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position. If your job requires driving on behalf of CIIS you will be required to provide proof of a valid driver's license.
Screening begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Using the Apply Now link at the top of the page, please submit a Resume and Cover Letter online.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/gds
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
CIIS is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio- economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual and bicultural students, faculty and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI).