Editorial Assistant, AtlanticLIVE
Washington, DC - Posted: 11/01/16 | SHARE:
AtlanticLIVE, the events arm of The Atlantic magazine, seeks a highly motivated, entrepreneurial, and team-oriented professional to support Atlantic Washington at Large and AtlanticLIVE Editor in Chief Steve Clemons.
Within AtlanticLIVE’s progressive, collegial work environment, this role provides a unique opportunity for broad yet high-level exposure to both the editorial and the business behind a media event production enterprise, with a great trajectory for earning increased responsibility. The Editorial Assistant will serve as the primary support for Mr. Clemons and will also have the opportunity to participate in a series of projects, such as event management/staffing; research and moderator preparations; social media and promotion; and PR and communications.
The ideal candidate:
- Over-achiever – outstanding record of achievement and initiative, entrepreneurial spirit, and profound sense of responsibility
- Trusted confidant – ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information
- Curious researcher – lively writer and rigorous thinker with an eye to uncovering new ways of approaching topics in current events, and identifying up-and-coming leaders and voices on those topics
- Expert communicator and smart connector – ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels, both internal and external to the business; strong writing, editing, and verbal skills
- Ultimate multi-tasker – outstanding organizational skills, excellent time management and judgment, and the ability to manage complex tasks in a fast-paced environment; superior service ethic and grace under pressure
- Attentive colleague – quick study, sense of humor, and true team player
- Digital and social media maven – understands the web and is eager to identify and employ new digital and social media tools across brand- and audience-building goals
- Ambassador – ability to represent the team internally and to the public
- News junkie – a voracious consumer of current events and the newsmakers driving the stories
- Obsessed with excellence – not only his or her own, but also embodies a passionate commitment to excellence for the whole enterprise
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two “pillar gifts” in you, and everyone else. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions:
1. Force of Intellect – a discipline and rigor of thought as manifested, often, in remarkable academic performance and, later, success in a professional environment.
2. Spirit of Generosity – a natural disposition towards service and selfless conduct.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.