- Becker Career Center
- Electrical and Instrumentation Technician, Cascades Tissue Group, Mechanicville, NY
Electrical and Instrumentation Technician
Posted: 03/13/17 | SHARE:
Cascades Tissue Group
Cascades Tissue Group, a division of Cascades Canada ULC is the second largest tissue producer in Canada and the fourth in North America. Cascades' finished and semi-finished products are sold in the Consumer and Away-from-Home markets in both Canada and the United States.
- Maintain, repair and or install electrical, electronic and instrumentation equipment, pneumatic controls and hydraulics.
- Candidate will be able to read, understand and draw necessary schematics.
- Knowledge of Allen Bradley, GE Fanuc PLC’s. Allen Bradley AC Drives, Measurex and Reliance Drives.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft applications is a plus.
- Candidate will understand Electrical schematics and Electrical controls.
- Comply with other requests from immediate supervisor.
- Knowledge with 480V 3 phase circuits.
- Knowledge in both AC and DC motor circuits.
- Degree or equivalent experience in Electrical/Instrumentation.
- Rigorous, ability to work autonomously and take initiative.
- Capable of working within teams, with an action-based focus.
- Planning and organizing skills with ability to take accountability.
- Must be able to assist/operate various machinery and equipment with electrical aptitude.
- Must be safety, quality, productivity and team work oriented.
- Must be willing and flexible to do overtime for coverage even on short notice.
- Must be willing to participate in team work to do procedures, health and safety work teams, and any other problem solving projects.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. in a stretching manner. Position involves lots of physical work including lifting, bending, climbing steps, and standing for extended period of time/hours depending on work schedule.
- Must be able to work at heights above 20ft. (Aerial lifts)
- Forklift trained.
Must be able to be on call for emergencies
Online at cascades.com, or at:
Human Resources Manager
510 South Main Street
Mechanicville, NY 12118