Electrical Engineering Technician
Posted: 03/23/17 | SHARE:
Calspan’s Tire Research Facility is looking for a candidate to work with our world class team. Calspan has a long history of innovation and world class operations in Aerospace and Transportation. The Tire Research Facility is a world leader in the indoor measurement of Force & Moment data on tires. With Customers including leading vehicle manufacturers, tire manufacturers and motorsports organizations, Calspan is always improving and advancing the science. Due to record-breaking growth, we are searching for a motivated electrical engineering technician/technologist to join our group.
Electrical Engineering Technician Summary: Working in Tire Test/Research operating area, maintaining and upgrading equipment to support laboratory tire testing. Test systems maintenance and improvement, including electrical and software systems for data production and quality control. Working with staff and customers in a fast-paced precision test lab supporting major motorsports and automotive companies around the world.
- Maintain, repair and upgrade test systems to maximize operational availability, and the fidelity and accuracy of all test data. Manage equipment calibration, repairs and procurement.
- Help maintain and improve controls and data acquisition systems on test machine including setup of instrumentation, programming in Matlab, Python, Labview, PLC. Provide support to controls engineer and testing staff on an on-going basis.
- Maintain, improve and document data processing workflows. Support testing staff to ensure consistent and accurate data processing results. Work on existing code in Matlab, Python, LabView.
- Operate test machine, produce data as required by customer on an as needed basis. Understand all facets of testing and be able to fill operator vacancies periodically.
Preferred Education / Experience:
- BSET or AAS in Engineering
- 3+ years in related discipline or;
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to above
Preferred Knowledge / Ability:
- Electrical Troubleshooting/Repair
- Exposure to Student SAE (or similar) clubs a plus
- Clearly communicates with staff and customers
- Goal oriented and efficient
- Interest or experience in motorsports and/or automotive technology
- Able to work second shift