- Offices & Services
- Becker Career Center
- Alumni Jobs Bulletin
- Alumni Job Listings
- Electronic/PLC Technician (Manufacturing/Engineering)
Electronic/PLC Technician (Manufacturing/Engineering)
Hoosick Falls, NY - Posted on: Tuesday 05/24/16
Electronic Technician professionals, are you ready to turn your knowledge of technology into a rewarding career with an established manufacturing leader? Interface Performance Materials, Inc., needs your expertise! For over a century, we have delivered high performance sealing solutions, thermal and acoustic management systems, and specialty products to customers worldwide for a range of applications across the heavy-duty diesel, automotive, small engine, industrial, and related industries.
As we continue to grow, we are seeking an experienced Electronic/PLC Technician professional to join our manufacturing facilities located in Hoosick Falls, NY. In this position, you will be responsible for technical leadership in electrical systems, trouble shooting and improving our process in maintaining our manufacturing facility. If this sounds like the kind of role your background has prepared you for, and if you want to join a cutting-edge organization, we want to hear from you. Contact us today.
As the Electronic/PLC Technician (EPLCT), you are required to have a working knowledge of electrical systems and be comfortable with troubleshooting both AC and DC circuits. The EPLCT will always follow safety rules and guidelines, while working in and around industrial environments and under pressure situations.
- 1 – 5 years’ experience in an industrial environment preferred
- Working knowledge of Allen Bradley control logix PLC’s
- Troubleshooting AC/DC Drives
- Working comfort with 480V / 3 Phase power
- Ability to read and troubleshoot using electrical drawings
- Knowledge of conduit and wire sizing/installations
- Training/Experience with Arc Flash
- Comfortable working in a team environment and by yourself
- Willingness and knowledge to perform basic mechanical maintenance functions
- Good communication, time management, and documentation skills
- Experience in specifying, estimating, and justifying work/purchases
- Creative thinker, self-motivated, and goal oriented
- Understanding and execution of a preventative maintenance program
- Ability to use miscellaneous hand and power tools
- Familiar with the 2014 NEC and NFPA 70 code books
We are looking for an Electronic/PLC Technician (EPLCT) who combines a strong knowledge of excellence in electrical system practices and procedures. It is also important that you display excellent communication and interpersonal skills, plus the ability to interact effectively with suppliers, operations and engineering individuals at multiple levels of our organization, including technical and manufacturing personnel.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
• Minimal 2 Year Associate’s degree in Electrical Field desired
• Knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency with NEC and NFPA 70 codes
• Proficiency with Alan Bradley Control Logic PLC’s, AC/DC drives
We offer a comprehensive and competitive compensation and benefits package.
Your next career challenge awaits you at Interface Performance Materials, Inc.