- Becker Career Center
- Emer Prep, Homeland/Cybersecurity, Visiting Professor, University at Albany, Albany, NY
Emer Prep, Homeland/Cybersecurity, Visiting Professor
Posted: 01/31/17 | SHARE:
The College of Emergency Preparedness, Homeland Security and Cybersecurity at the University at Albany is seeking two visiting professors for the 2017-18 academic year. The teaching load is 3 courses per semester. We expect the visiting faculty members to be able to teach in our undergraduate core curriculum as well as contribute to undergraduate elective offerings (http://www.albany.edu/cehc/cehc-major.php). We are particularly interested in courses in Homeland Security, Emergency Preparedness, Cybersecurity, Critical Thinking, Leadership, Ethics, Immigration, Terrorism, Risk Analysis, Digital Forensics, Critical Infrastructure, Transnational Crime, Border Security, and Privacy and Civil Liberties.
The mission of the College of Emergency Preparedness, Homeland Security and Cybersecurity is to support high-quality academic programs for undergraduate and graduate students, to produce new knowledge though innovative research, and to provide training and lifelong learning opportunities for working professionals - all to help prepare for, protect against, respond to, and recover from a growing array of natural and man-made risks and threats in the state, the nation, and around the world.
As the first college of its kind in the nation, the College of Emergency Preparedness, Homeland Security and Cybersecurity is projected to grow over the next five years as it establishes new undergraduate and graduate programs. Our visiting professors will be encouraged to actively participate in the development of innovative curricular, co-curricular, and extra-curricular activities.
- The applicant will be ABD or hold a doctorate in an appropriate field such as Political Science, Public Policy, Public Administration, Criminal Justice, Informatics, Information Studies, Information Science, Computer Science, Emergency Management, Homeland Security or allied field from a college or university accredited by the US Department of Education or an internationally recognized accrediting organization.
- The applicant should have evidence of excellent teaching.
- Applicants must address in their application their ability to work with culturally diverse populations.
- Extensive teaching experience
- Active research agenda that can be brought into classroom
- Interest in and experience in experiential learning
- Individuals who can contribute to an interdisciplinary atmosphere
- Researchers interested in working on grants as part of a team
- Scholars with an international focus
- Contribute to multiple areas (ie. homeland and cyber security or homeland security and emergency preparedness)
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Visiting Assistant, Visiting Associate or Visiting Professor
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=80761
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- A letter detailing teaching experience and competencies as well as current scholarly interests
- Two syllabi of classes taught or planned to be taught
- Curriculum vitae
- Contact information for three references
- Teaching evaluations
- Writing sample of only one article or chapter
Note: After submitting your CV, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your U-Albany Careers Account to check your completed application.
Date to be filled: September 1, 2017
This search will remain open until filled.