Schenectady, NY - Posted on: Monday 08/29/16
Currently Hiring For An Employment Specialist for People with Development Disabilities
Family and Child Service of Schenectady is seeking an Employment Specialist to provide employment training services for people with developmental disabilities through our Pathway to Employment program. This is an hourly position where the Employment Specialist will work with the individual, family and related service providers to develop work-related skills training through a series of 10 week community worksite placements.
The Employment Specialist services will provide new opportunities to build the person’s skills and abilities which will set a direction for future employment and community participation.
Minimum Required Skills/Experience:
• Bachelors Degree in a vocational rehabilitation, health, human services or related field from a 4 year accredited college or university OR an associate’s degree in a related field, and
• At least 2 years experience working with people with disabilities.
• At least one year of experience working with employment programs.
• Knowledge of the community and employment settings.
• Computer competency with Microsoft Office.
• Must have reliable transportation, which has current inspection, registration and current car insurance
• Must have valid and current Driver’s License.
• Must be legally eligible for employment in the United States
• Must satisfy NYS OPWDD Criminal Background Check and Justice Center regulations.