Energy Market Specialist
Hartford, CT - Posted: 11/01/16 | SHARE:
HQUS is the US subsidiary and business development arm of Hydro-Quebec, one of the largest renewable energy generating companies in the world. Hydro-Quebec, located in Montréal, serves the electricity needs for the province of Quebec, and markets excess energy to export markets in the northeastern United States; primarily in New York and New England. HQUS engages with commercial stakeholders, regulators, system operators, and state and federal governmental entities to promote the sale and treatment of energy generation sourced from the Hydro-Quebec system.
- The primary responsibility of the position is to support the overall efforts of the business development team of HQUS including to assist with specific market initiatives and HQUS projects as needed.
- Follow federal and state government policies and energy market opportunities relative to HQUS interests in transmission, wholesale market design and clean energy objectives.
- Track general electric market trends, including the activities of HQUS competitors and partners
- Support HQUS team in the identification and tracking of commercial opportunities that exist and are evolving in HQUS export markets
- Assist with the establishment of messages, HQUS position statements, comment letters and presentation materials for use on the website and with industry and government stakeholders
- Represent HQUS at industry events and support the informational needs of HQ experts for any public events and/or appearances
- Follow wholesale energy and capacity market design initiatives in support of HQUS priorities.
- Foster working relationships with industry stakeholders
- Coordinate on projects and tasks with other groups throughout the organization (both in Hartford and Montreal)
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Political Science, Communications, or engineering (Master’s degree preferred)
- Previous experience in the energy industry, including the clean energy field a plus
- Knowledge of the New York and New England energy industry a plus
- Ability to work on complex projects (independently and as part of a team) in a deadline driven environment
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Powerpoint and Excel
- Position is Hartford, Connecticut based, but moderate travel required throughout the Northeast and to Montreal
Submit resume to Diane Cray at Cray.Diane@hydro.qc.ca