- Becker Career Center
- ENTERPRISE DATA MANAGEMENT LEAD (JOB ID: 824), MVP Health Care, Schenectady, Rochester, or Tarrytown
Enterprise Data Management Lead (JOB ID: 824)
Posted: 03/03/17 | SHARE:
Status: Full-time, Exempt
MVP Health Care is seeking a talented and energetic individual to join our growing Enterprise Data Management and Analytics Solutions’ team. Under the direction of the Vice President of Data Management & Analytics Solutions, the Enterprise Data Management Lead will work hand and hand with Architects, Analysts and Developers on our Scrum teams to assemble and populate the organization’s evolving analytics data model to internal and external users with information to support key decision making processes.
- As the Enterprise Data Management Lead, the incumbent will be required to understand the key business strategies and the desired outcomes of the analytics solutions that leverage the enterprise analytics data model.
- He/she will be the technical lead responsible for the population of the analytical data model using both internal and external sources of data.
- He/she will work closely with the analytics solutions Scrum teams to track the evolving backlogs and ensure that the foundational data is acquired and arrayed in support of previously mentioned teams.
- Design, develop, and test highly complex data feeds/transactions for analytics solutions environment on the Microsoft Business Intelligence stack (SSRS, SQL Server Database, SSIS, SSAS and Power BI).
- Design, develop and test high-quality Extract, Transformation and Load (ETL) processes, programs and scripts to migrate data from source systems into Data Lakes, Data Warehouses and/or Data Marts.
- Extract complex data from multiple data sources into usable and meaningful reports and analyses by implementing stored procedures and SQL queries. Provide ongoing performance monitoring and tuning and production support related to Data Warehouse, Data Mart, ETL and Analytic Reporting environment.
- Work in conjunction with Architects, Analysts and Developers on various Scrum teams in assembling and arraying data for dashboards, data visualizations, analytics solutions.
- Troubleshoot data integration and data quality issues and bugs, analyze reasons for failure, implement optimal solutions, and revise procedures and documentation as needed. Create data-lineage of key tables and libraries within the data warehouses and/or data marts.
- Develop and mentor on best practices. Participate in design, development and programming, including prototyping activities. Create related documentation. Provide technical training to teams when required as well as serve as a technical mentor to team members.
- Identify resource and equipment requirements, perform capacity planning and manage software and hardware availability.
- Escalate critical issues. Keeps abreast of new development technologies, methodologies, industry practices and standards. Participate in conferences, seminars and other professional development activities to remain current in relevant professional disciplines.
- Other duties as assigned.
BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or related field (or equivalent experience)
5-10 years’ experience in Information Technology
5+ year’s proven expertise on the Microsoft BI Stack
5+ years proven experience in database programming including complex SQL queries, complex stored procedures, database performance tuning and optimization on SQL Server database platform 3+ years’ experience in SSRS report development
3+ years’ experience in SSIS data integration development
1-2 + years’ experience on Informatica PowerCenter (preferred)
Experience in roles where multi-level staff or client interaction is required
Healthcare and/or Insurance industry experience (strongly preferred)
• Proficient in handling complex technical development concepts, latest software tools and technologies
• Extensive RDBMS, OLTP and OLAP skills on diverse platforms (i.e MSSQL, Oracle, Sybase, MYSQL)
• Expert ETL skills, and strong database design techniques
• Extensive analytical skills with the ability to understand key business processes and related issues
• Ability to work on and effectively communicate with teams and clients
• Focus on meeting and exceeding high standards
• Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum development methods
• Ability to understand project requirements, coordinate with resources and steer projects in the right direction in a timely manner
• Working knowledge of process improvement and software development life cycle Ability to work independently, as well as a member of a team
• Must be self-motivated, proactive and able to work well under pressure
• Understanding of cloud technologies
• Strong knowledge of data warehouse architectures including Kimball and Inmon.
• Ability to take initiative and lead technical projects end-to-end.
• Ability to communicate technical details to technical and non-technical resources
• Excellent organization and prioritization skills Ability to support development and production tasks
• Demonstrated ability to drive to deadlines, balancing multiple priorities, and ensuring quality standards
• Working knowledge of healthcare and/or insurance industries preferred.