- Offices & Services
- Becker Career Center
- Alumni Jobs Bulletin
- Alumni Job Listings
- Entry-Level .Net / C# Intern/Junior Developer
Entry-Level .Net / C# Intern/Junior Developer
Blasdell, NY - Posted on: Monday 11/21/16
Buffalo Computer Graphics, Inc. is looking for entry-level Microsoft .Net / C# Interns and Developers who can function as team members in the creation of web based solutions and interfaces. Responsibilities include design, implementation, maintenance, and debugging of assigned development work throughout the application life cycle. Other responsibilities include task estimations, story board development, application enhancements, writing test plans, and documentation of all developed software. The developers will report to the Program Manager for Emergency Management Solutions at BCG and are expected to be comfortable with object oriented programming, querying information from a database, and interacting with web services.
Candidate are expected to mesh with an existing team and follow Agile software development practices. Experience with writing Unit and Acceptance tests will be needed and adherence to Test Driven Development principles is preferred. An understanding of SOLID programming principles is also preferred.
- Education/Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- Proficiency in two of more of the following programming languages / technologies:
- ASP .Net C# 4.5 & Associated Technologies
- Web Services / WCF
- XML and XSLT
- Basic understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Experience with Source Control systems (Mecurial preferred)
- Comfortable meeting with customers to identify specifications and troubleshoot problems
Desired/Non-Mandatory Skills: (rated 1-5 with 5 being highest)
- (1) Experience with automated build servers and code level unit testing
- (1) Experience with Visual Studio
- (3) Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- (3) Experience with XML and associated technologies (schemas, XSLT, transforms, and parsers)
- (3) Experience with web farms, load balancing, and high-available systems (7x24x365)
- (3) Experience programming for mobile environments including HTML5, iOS, and Android
- (4) Experience with Software Design
- (5) Experience with Unit Testing and Test Driven Development
- (5) Background with user experience with regards to web applications
Compensation will be based upon education and experience.
Buffalo Computer Graphics is a privately owned, US Small Business that has been in operation since 1982. We have four primary business areas - Maritime Training Solutions, Incident Management Systems, Mass Notification Systems, and Custom Hardware & Software Engineering. BCG has a reputation for providing superior products and excellent service to both private sector and government customers. Visit us online at www.buffalocomputergraphics.com.
Buffalo Computer Graphics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law.
Interested candidates please send a resume and cover letter to:
Resumes can be mailed to:
Buffalo Computer Graphics
4185 Bayview Road
Blasdell, NY 14219