Event Supervisor, Performing Arts Center
Albany, NY - Posted on: Thursday 08/04/16
About University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany's broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,300 students in eight schools and colleges across three campuses.
Located in Albany, New York, New York State's capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
This is a part-time, 40% position reporting to the Director of the Performing Arts Center (PAC). The PAC operates within the College of Arts and Sciences. Job duties include:
- Supervise selected events in the PAC and Page Hall (mostly evenings and weekends)
- Perform setups (chairs, tables, audio and lighting systems, etc.) for events in the PAC and Page Hall
- Report all event information back to the PAC Technical Operations Director for policy and billing purposes
- Work with PAC Technical Operations Director to provide event coordination and customer service
- Supervise and train student event employees in their assigned tasks
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by a US Department of Education (DOE) or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Excellent communication skills and a strong sense of responsibility
- Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Bachelor's Degree in Theatre from a college or university accredited by a US Department of Education (DOE) or internationally recognized accrediting organization preferred
- Previous technical theatre experience
- Previous stage management or house management duties
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Staff Assistant, SL-2
Special Notes: Successful candidate will work 20 hours per week for approximately 42 weeks each year. Time off will be scheduled for mid-July through late August and mid-December through late January.
Start Date: September, 2016
A review of applications will start on September 3, 2016 and the search will remain open until the position is filled.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=74807
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Contact information for three references
Note: After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your U-Albany Careers Account to check your completed application.