- Union College Home
- Offices & Services
- Becker Career Center
- Alumni Jobs Bulletin
- Alumni Job Listings
Boston, MA - Posted on: Friday 06/24/16
The Sustainable Endowments Institute (SEI), a special project of Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors, seeks highly motivated and reliable individuals for a full-time position starting this August. The Fellow will primarily support SEI’s Green Revolving Investment Tracking System (GRITS) energy and resource tracking tool, currently in use by over 350 institutions, and the Billion Dollar Green Challenge initiative’s 60+ institutions that have committed to investing in energy efficiency and sustainability strategies. The Fellow will outreach to and engage with potential new users as well as work with liaisons at current Billion Dollar Green Challenge and GRITS colleges, universities, k-12 schools, hospitals, healthcare centers, and municipalities. The position will start on or after August 1, 2016.
SEI is a nonprofit organization engaged in research and education to promote greater sustainability in operations and endowment practices and is helping to advance resilient institutional responses to the climate crisis. Located in downtown Boston, MA, our office is easily accessible by public transportation. We encourage applicants to familiarize themselves with our websites before applying: www.EndowmentInstitute.organd http://GreenBillion.org/GRITS
The Fellow’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Daily communications with a network of colleges, universities, and other nonprofit administrators, students, and stakeholders
- Developing strategies for effective outreach and relationship building with new and existing users
- Conducting and pursuing communications and informational conversations with interested institutions
- Onboarding new users to the Green Revolving Investment Tracking System (GRITS) tool
- Providing consulting support and insights to BDGC participants on sustainability and GRF problems and solutions
- Working with SEI staff to provide support, solutions, and insights for GRITS users
- Hosting regular webinars and virtual roundtable discussions on sustainability-related topics
- Data analysis and data entry, especially in Excel, Google Spreadsheets, and Highrise and/or Salesforce
- Conducting research on sustainability programs for users and internal staff
- Providing research and communications support for the release of GRITS 1.2
- Coordinating information and working with other Research Fellows and Institute staff on current and new research
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong emphasis on previous relationship management or customer experience
- Strong oral and written communication
- Excellent organizational skills; strong attention to detail
- Ability to conduct comprehensive and targeted research
- Ability to succinctly summarize and communicate data with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Previous data entry and demonstrated information management experience required
- Demonstrated experience with advancing sustainability on campus or in communities
- Past or current work experience with administrators and executives on sustainability-oriented projects a plus
- Flexible and cooperative work ethic
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team; self-direction and ability to execute work plans is a necessary component of the position
- Strong command of Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Google Apps, and a CRM
How to Apply
All interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Jobs@EndowmentInstitute.org with the subject line “Fellow, Sustainable Endowments Institute.” In the cover letter, please address the following topics:
- How did you hear about this position?
- Why are you interested in working for the Sustainable Endowments Institute?
- What experiences—work-related or otherwise—have you had related to the environment, energy efficiency, and/or customer relationship management?
- What set of skills would you bring to GRITS and the Billion Dollar Green Challenge?
- What are you hoping to gain from a position at SEI?
Please include your last name in your resume and cover letter file(s). Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. No calls, please.
SEI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation. We strongly encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.