Posted: 03/10/17 | SHARE:
The Fulton, Montgomery, and Schoharie Counties Workforce Development Board, Inc. is seeking a full-time Fiscal Manager to work with other Board Staff in providing support to the Board in overseeing the development and delivery of comprehensive workforce services throughout the three counties. $40,000 to $44,000 with benefits. This position will support the Executive Director by managing accounting functions as follows:
- Maintaining the Board’s fiscal records in a manner consistent with Generally Accepted Accounting Standards;
- Developing and maintaining cost allocation methodologies;
- Overseeing payables, receivables, and general ledger;
- Maintaining individual grant and contract accounting records in compliance with the contractual requirements;
- Preparing financial reports for the Board of Directors and Funding Sources;
- Coordination of the annual single audit process;
- Monitoring of sub-contractors;
- Human Resources and Building Facilities duties.
The successful candidate for this position must possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related field with at least 2 years experience in fiscal management and auditing with multiple funding streams in the not-for profit sector preferred, or related education and experience;
- Knowledge of all aspects of not-for-profit accounting;
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Excel spreadsheets and Peachtree Accounting, knowledge of Peoplesoft helpful;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
Closing date for applications is March 24, 2017
A cover letter and resume should be sent to:
Gail Breen, Executive Director
Fulton, Montgomery, and Schoharie Counties
Workforce Development Board, Inc.
2620 Riverfront Center
Amsterdam, NY 12010