- Becker Career Center
- Front End Web Developer (R17-01), The Research Foundation for the State University of New York (SUNY), Albany, NY
Front End Web Developer (R17-01)
Posted: 01/25/17 | SHARE:
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany's Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a full-time Front End Web Developer position located in Albany, NY.
Description of Duties:
- Maintains and enhances existing web pages to support e-learning and related applications
- Designs, develops, implements, tests, and debugs user interfaces and application code to meet sponsor and organizational needs while maintaining usability and accessibility
- Assures quality, including accessibility and usability, of web-based applications
- Works with managers, instructional design staff, developers, and program sponsors to conceptualize new projects and recommend approaches to meet project deliverables
- Conducts usability and accessibility tests and generates reports and related documents
- Provides data and reports on web site traffic and usage
Bachelor's Degree, preferably in computer science or related field, from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization
Minimum three years' experience in web design and development using ColdFusion, HTML, and CSS, as demonstrated by a portfolio of work
Thorough understanding of web standards, including accessibility guidelines for the web
Experience with responsive web design techniques
Ability to conceptualize, design, and build user interfaces for systems, using client specifications
Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to meet posted deadlines
Demonstrated ability to work with culturally diverse groups
Ability to handle multiple projects
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Master's degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE or an internationally recognized accrediting organization
Experience with web frameworks and preprocessors
Experience in optimizing and incorporating audio and video for the web
Experience in designing and developing e-learning and learning management systems
Salary Range: Mid $50's
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the following website for the complete Annual Security Report ("Clery Report"): http://police.albany.edu/asr.htm
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin and veteran or disability status.
The Research Foundation for The State University of New York offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
Applicants must address in their application their ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.