Grant Support Specialist
Albany, NY - Posted on: Monday 09/05/16
About Research Foundation for SUNY System:
The Research Foundation for The State University of New York (RF) is the largest, most comprehensive university-connected research foundation in the country.
Serving SUNY and New York State, the RF provides essential services to SUNY faculty, students and staff who are performing life-changing research in life sciences and medicine; engineering and nanotechnology; physical sciences and energy; social sciences; and computer and information sciences. More than 15,000 dedicated RF employees work on SUNY-led research, training and public service projects throughout New York, across the country and around the world.
This position is being offered through the Research Foundation for SUNY at the SUNY System Administration Sponsored Programs Office. System Administration's Sponsored Programs Office is an operating location of The Research Foundation for SUNY, a private, nonprofit educational corporation supporting externally funded research, education and public service at the State University of New York. The position is located in downtown Albany, NY.
Reporting to the Director of Contracts and Grants, the position will include responsibilities of award establishment and maintenance, analyzing sponsored program accounts to determine financial status and take necessary action to file required reports and resolve issues regarding billings, financial reporting, account closeout and collection. Significant contact with sponsors and projects. Must be able to interpret and adhere to state, federal and private sponsor financial policies and procedures and must work comfortably under deadlines.
- Review and input of all grant work into the Oracle system
- Serve as liaison between our projects and campuses to gather information for financial reporting
- Prepare financial reports based on contract terms
- Follow-up with cash receipts
- Assist with interpretation of sponsor policies and procedures to ensure compliance
- Responsible for facilities and administrative cost analysis and adjustment per the award guidelines
- Analyze award for closeout
- Run various reports and take appropriate action
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires independent judgment and decision making
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability
- Proficiency in Excel, knowledge of Oracle helpful
- Familiarity with a wide range of electronic billing/invoicing software platforms
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of project/administrative staff and managers within SUNY System Administration and the Research Foundation for SUNY.
Education / Experience:
Associates degree and knowledge of financial and billing systems required. Must be able to select and use various computer software applications and be able to work independently, problem solve and think analytically. Adept experience in spreadsheet applications and other related computer tools is required. High math aptitude and good communication skills are required.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, The Research Foundation for SUNY will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.
Salary Range: $35,000-$45,000