Grossing Technician - Days
Lake Success, NY - Posted on: Tuesday 06/21/16
ProHEALTH is seeking a Grossing Technician – Days
JOB FUNCTIONS (not limited to):
Grossing of biopsy tissue samples for tissue processing and slide preparation according to laboratory SOP’s.
- Perform gross examination of biopsy samples.
- Must be familiar with GI, Prostate, Derm, and GYN type samples.
- Perform routine non-GYN Cytology preparation.
- Perform required instrument maintenance and QC according to laboratory SOP’s
- Maintain laboratory inventory and order supplies as needed
- Assists with sample receipt and accessioning when necessary
- Monitors pending logs to ensure all testing is complete.
- Responsible for maintaining all paperwork associated with the section.
- Other duties as necessary
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
· Previous laboratory experience preferred
· Ability to deal with problems involving several variables
· Good organizational skills. Good telephone skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
· Minimum associates degree in Medical technology
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program preferred.
· Current NYS License as Clinical Laboratory Technician/Technologist or Histology Technician Technologist.
· Current resume detailing accomplishments.
If you are interested in a career at ProHEALTH, please send a resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ProHEALTH is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.