Instructional Support Technician
Albany, NY - Posted on: Thursday 09/15/16
About University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany's broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,300 students in eight schools and colleges across three campuses.
Located in Albany, New York, New York State's capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
Information Technology Services seeks an experienced and versatile Instructional Support Technician for its second shift Classroom Technology Support team on the downtown campus. The position will be located on the University's downtown campus; hours are generally Monday through Thursday noon to 8pm and Fridays 9am-5pm.
Brief Description of Duties:
- Provide support for faculty and staff in their use of classroom and conference room technology, video conferencing and multimedia tools for instructional and University purposes
- Respond to requests for support via phone, email, text or walk-in contact
- Assist in planning and design of classroom and meeting room technology improvements
- Work with/oversee AV vendors and suppliers
- Research emerging technologies that can be deployed to classrooms and meeting rooms
- Engage with faculty and staff to trial and test new technologies; make recommendations
- Install, integrate and maintain audio-visual components of existing systems
- Develop training programs for faculty and staff in the use of AV, classroom technology, multimedia tools and video conferencing
- Prepare documentation and videos for users including content for ITS web site, and internal documentation and operating procedures
- Prepare service and usage reports; analyze and take actions to improve services
- Assist with operation and maintenance of the Information Commons facilities including first-tier PC, MAC and printer support
- Assist with the staffing and supervision of student employees
- Collaborate with other ITS units and campus organizations and faculty
- Participate in committees and workgroups
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by a US Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- A minimum of two (2) years professional experience providing audio-visual customer support
- Experience with Crestron and Extron (or similar) control systems
- Demonstrated experience with multimedia tools for video and photo creation, editing, and delivery (i.e., iMovie, Photoshop)
- Previous experience in videoconferencing solutions (i.e. Cisco, Skype For Business), web-conferencing applications (i.e. GoToMeeting, Adobe Connect) and related methods of information delivery
- Working knowledge of common desktop and mobile devices, operating systems (Windows, Macintosh) and productivity applications software (i.e. Office 2013)
- Proficient communication skills, self-motivated, ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks, ability to work independently and within a team structure
- Must possess the ability to work with varying levels of computer expertise from beginner to advanced users
- Demonstrated experience working with a diverse population
- Certifications in the audio-visual field, such as InfoComm Certified Technology Specialist (CTS)
- Previous work experience supporting/troubleshooting classroom, meeting room and/or computing lab technology, including AV and multimedia set ups
- Experience working with faculty in a teaching/learning environment
- Experience with technologies for media creation and production in an educational environment
- Experience in the development and delivery of presentations and workshops in an educational setting
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Instructional Support Technician, SL-3
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=75646
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications
Note: After submitting your resume, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your U-Albany Careers Account to check your completed application.
Closing date for receipt of applications: October 8, 2016