- Becker Career Center
- Internship and Employer Relations Coordinator, Hartwick College, Oneonta, NY
Internship and Employer Relations Coordinator
Posted: 02/08/17 | SHARE:
Under the supervision of the Director of Career Services, the Internship and Employer Relations
Coordinator works closely with the Internship and Career Planning Advisor on a cross-functional
team. The Internship and Employer Relations Coordinator will serve as a liaison between Career
Services and employers to develop strong partnerships around internships, experiential learning
The successful candidate will be responsible for aiding in the expansion of the employer base, with
particular focus on alumni, and potential internship experiential learning, and employment
opportunities for Hartwick students. The person will also assist in organizing on-campus recruiting,
career fairs, job shadow programs, and other events for employers and students to connect. The
coordinator will also provide 1-1 career coaching and workshops to students seeking experiential
learning, internship and post-graduate opportunities.
- Aggressively promote the internship experience to students, beginning in their first year, through increased marketing efforts and education outreach.
- Serve on the Internship Advisory Committee to create and revise policies, procedures, and practices related to internships.
- Advise students and faculty on the internship process, and serve as a guide and intermediary throughout the experience and manage all administrative aspects of the academic learning agreement process.
- Ensures a high-quality employer relations and recruiting program that reflects the needs of employers and students. Assists in the development of employer recruiting policies and procedures.
- Conducts ongoing targeted outreach to expand recruiting opportunities for students of all interests through outreach to employers, alumni, parents and consortia groups. Works collaboratively and creatively with the Career Services staff in developing job postings that meet the interests of our students. Actively develops new opportunities.
- Processes employer and job registration requests through our career services module and markets internships and jobs through other means such as tabling, e-newsletters and an internship and job board.
- Coordinates on-campus recruitment programs and interviews; attends on and off-campus meetings with employers.
- Maintains systems such as job banks, resource databases, and placement statistics; analyzes data.
- Maintains detailed record of external communication, including contact reports, in order to enhance relationships, manages connections, facilitates regular communications and provides fellow CS advisors with key information about our contacts and partners.
- Manages and strengthens on-campus and off-campus recruiting program including annual internship and job fairs and the annual dinner event honoring employer partners.
- Conducts ongoing targeted outreach with a wide range of prospective employers. Develops and cultivates relationships with employers from diverse organizations—ranging from Fortune 100 to small start-up companies, in both the for-profit and non-profit sectors, local, national and international.
- Contributes to the Career Services Administrative Reports and College Assessment through collecting proper metrics and reporting activities and outcomes of employer relations efforts.
- Actively networks with alumni, parents, employers, professional organizations and the community. Engages in best practices for employer cultivation and relationship development/management.
- Conducts workshops on internship search, resume writing, job search research methods, preparing for job interviews, and other topics.
- Advises students on internship acquisition and other career preparation topics.
- Attends networking functions, as appropriate, to develop employer contacts while promoting College objectives.
- Partners with College Advancement to cultivate internship and job opportunities with Hartwick alumni in a manner that also advances the colleges goals. Tactics include leading off campus mentoring programs.
- Collaborate with staff in Global Education to research and develop international internship opportunities.
- Meets the Liberal Arts Career NetWORK (LACN) membership requirements for internship and job referrals to LACN database and manages the Spotlight on Careers page assigned to the College by LACN.
- Provides assistance with major college-wide events such as Commencement.
- Performs other general administrative duties as assigned by the Director, including reports and other correspondence.
- Candidate must be willing to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Participate in major campus events, including Commencement Weekend.
Minimum requirements for this position include a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with 3 years of experience in a similar position/related field, including experience in sales or recruiting, either in a business setting or in education. Master’s Degree plus one year of related experience preferred.
The successful candidate must possess high energy, excellent communication and organization skills; be highly motivated, detail-oriented, and have the ability to interact effectively with students, faculty, staff, employers, parents, and administrators. Experience creating and presenting workshops and other programs; marketing including print, online, and social media development; and experience building partnerships and enhancing community engagement. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Computer knowledge and experience using Window-based software; Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; experience using databases and publishing programs; and experience using online networking sites such as LinkedIn. Proven ability to take initiative and work independently and ability to work as a member to a cross-functional team.
Send resume, cover letter and contact information for three professional references in one document (pdf or MS Word preferred) to Kimberley Lindsley, Human Resources Coordinator, at email@example.com