Inventory Specialist (2)
Albany, NY - Posted: 12/19/16 | SHARE:
About University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany's broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,300 students in eight schools and colleges across three campuses.
Located in Albany, New York, New York State's capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
The Inventory Specialist provides policy advice on property control matters to campus officials; coordinates the campus response to external control agencies; and develops recommendations involving property control policy. Additionally, the Inventory Specialist is responsible for affixing property tags on acquired assets; the annual physical inventory of approximately 20,000 assets at the Albany campuses; the accurate input of data into related database systems; and the safe and appropriate removal and disposition of surplus declared property. The Inventory Specialist will be responsible for utilizing laser bar code tag and reader technology. This position involves extensive physical activity including lifting and moving equipment. This search is to fill two vacancies.
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor's degree from a university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) or an internationally recognized accrediting organization and a minimum of three years customer service experience
- Candidates must be familiar with the inventory process, techniques and regulations within a facility of similar size
- Candidates must also have computer experience
- Candidates must possess the ability to handle multiple priorities and assist in a variety of tasks as well as excellent analytical skills
- Candidates must have good organizational and communication skills, be self-motivated and able to work both independently and cooperatively in dynamic group settings
- Candidates must demonstrate ability to work in a culturally diverse population
- Candidates must be able to lift objects up to 25 pounds, have a valid NYS Driver's License and be able to travel between all on and off-campus locations
- Preference will be given for knowledge of laser and bar code reader technology
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Staff Assistant, SL-2
A review of applications will start on January 13, 2017.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=79509
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your U-Albany Careers Account to check your completed application.