IT Project Coordinator
Albany, NY - Posted on: Friday 08/05/16
Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Albany is one of the largest, private, social service agencies in the region, helping more than 81,000 people each year. We are seeking an IT Project Coordinator who will be responsible for the coordination and completion of projects within our developing information technology department. The Project Coordinator will plan and coordinate project scheduling, budgeting and vendor oversight tasks; prepare reports regarding project status; compile metrics relating to project success and risks; and, manage small projects as required.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of an organization dedicated to addressing basic human need at all stages of life regardless of race, religious belief, ethnicity, or lifestyle with special emphasis on the poor and vulnerable in our society. As part of the Executive Office, you will contribute to the success of our mission!
Typical duties and responsibilities include:
- Plans and coordinates project scheduling, budgeting, and vendor oversight tasks. Gathers all project information, including schedules, requests, assignments, tasks and project meeting minutes.
- Facilitates project logistics.
- Develops presentations. Configures and maintains project management software and tools. Organizes and publishes project related documentation in various sources.
- Tracks costs and performance, service levels and other metrics required to ensure project goals and objectives are met. Works with project team to understand and assist with the tracking of all work, task, and project assignments. Monitors and modifies project schedules as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as requested. Gathers research and generates reports as needed. Notifies project participants on timelines and completion dates.
- Working with project leaders, assists in developing comprehensive workflow processes for projects to manage scope, risk, issues, as well as and document control as required by audit.
- A Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of professional level experience are preferred;
- Additional professional level experience may substitute for advanced education.
- At least one year of experience in project support or management is required,
- General knowledge of project management methodologies and tools and a general understanding of IT systems and processes are also required.
- PMP certification is preferred, but not required.
- Excellent computer skills, including at least one year of experience with MS Project and MS office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Strong organization skills, coordination and accuracy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Catholic Charities:
Catholic Charities provides a wide variety of services aimed at meeting the needs of individuals and families in local communities within the 14 counties of the Diocese of Albany. System-wide support in the areas of fiscal, compliance, programming, human resources and IT are provided by the Executive Office and Support Services, located in Albany.
Working for Catholic Charities is an opportunity to explore your potential and experience the rewards inherent in knowing that the work you do is touching the lives of people around you. We offer competitive salaries in the non-profit arena and an excellent benefits package, with an emphasis on a healthy work/life balance.
To learn more about Catholic Charities and how you can become part of a team of outstanding and dedicated employees, visit www.ccrcda.org.
Catholic Charities of the Diocese is an Equal Opportunity Employer.