New York, NY - Posted on: Monday 05/09/16
Division of Administration
Legal Recruitment Bureau – New York City
Reference No. LRB_NYC_JR_6025
The Legal Recruitment Bureau in the Office of the New York State Attorney General (OAG) is seeking a Junior Recruiter. The Legal Recruitment Bureau (LRB) is responsible for the recruitment of outstanding talent for the OAG including attorneys, other professional staff, confidential support staff and interns. The Junior Recruiter’s role and responsibilities will include helping to shape recruitment practices and work flows, delivering exceptional customer service, promoting operational excellence and leveraging proactive, competitive and cost-effective sourcing strategies. This position is located in New York City.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business or another related field and at least one (1) year of postgraduate work experience relevant to this position. The Junior Recruiter must be a team-oriented, self-starter with outstanding interpersonal skills. LRB will select a candidate that demonstrates superior oral and written communication skills and presents a confident and professional demeanor to interact appropriately with the public and OAG staff at every level. The nature of the work requires significant attention to detail as well as excellent organizational and process-management skills. Additionally, the selected candidate will be fully proficient with the Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, and Photoshop. Prior experience using application tracking software and social recruiting platforms like LinkedIn and Glassdoor is highly desirable. Marketing or graphic design skills/experience is a plus. Experience using Survey Monkey is also a plus. The interest and ability to learn new computer applications is essential.
Duties will include:
• Assisting with developing and managing an online marketing strategy;
• Assisting with developing recruitment marketing and program materials;
• Drafting process documents, user-experience surveys and emails to applicants, hiring managers and senior staff;
• Preparing job postings in conjunction with feedback from hiring managers;
• Assisting with the receipt, review and distribution of applications;
• Planning and coordinating programs and events such as the annual summer internship program;
• Tracking and maintaining detailed metrics and applicant data/documentation;
• Providing training to hiring managers on the application tracking software and the recruitment/hiring process;
• Preparing presentations and analytical reports;
• Representing the office at career fairs and other recruiting events;
• Supervising LRB interns; and
• Other duties as assigned.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are being received online. To apply, please visit our careers website: www.ag.ny.gov/job-postings. Applicants must be prepared to submit a complete application consisting of the following: • Cover Letter (You may address to Sandra Jefferson Grannum, Esq., Bureau Chief, Legal Recruitment)
• List of three (3) references with contact information and email addresses
• Writing Sample
Please note: Failure to submit a complete application will delay the consideration of your application. If you have questions regarding a position with the OAG and the application process or you need assistance with submitting your application, please contact the Legal Recruitment Bureau at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the OAG, please visit our website: www.ag.ny.gov