- Becker Career Center
- Junior Software Engineer/SQA, International Electronic Machines (IEM), Troy, NY
Junior Software Engineer/SQA
Posted: 01/20/17 | SHARE:
This is a full time position for a Junior Software Engineer with emphasis on Software Quality Assurance (SQA). In this position the engineer will perform SQA functions on new and existing products, quality software releases and monitor current installations. Junior level software programming skills are required to support the SQA functions and to support existing production development. This position will work under the supervision of the current senior software engineers and be part of the product teams.
- Able to program in C/C++ and /or scripting languages to support SQA and product development functions. Must have excellent programming skills with the ability to quickly produce quality code with high readability.
- Test for all software bugs, report, track all documentations.
- Customer direct interface to communicate information.
- Conduct independent reviews, audits, evaluations, tracking of reported problems through resolution and monitoring of the software life cycle processes to assure adherence to plans and standards.
- Set up regression test suites for existing software algorithms.
- Assist senior software engineers by performing routine programming tasks.
- Monitor and qualify system performance at existing product sites.
- Manage and monitor the hardware and test lab to insure it's operating at the highest performance levels.
Required Skills :
- A.A.S. CIS, CS or equivalent
- Attention to detail and patience are an absolute must
- Tactful communication skills to interface with customers.
- Basic understanding of hardware.
- Junior level programming skills (C/C++ preferred)
- Comfortable setting up computer systems, installing drivers, etc.. - especially on Windows.
- Familiarity with SQA tools such as test harnesses, regression testing, and scripting.
- Basic knowledge of Windows, Linux, and Software Engineering design principles.
- High level of energy and common sense.
- Time Management Skills
- Eager and fast learner
- Excellent record keeping skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and be a team player.
- Candidate should be a US Citizen - due to contract restrictions placed on IEM
- Familiarity with any of these areas: networks, databases, web programming, Visual Studio, Git source control, Linux, lab equipment.
- Prior experience in SQA.
- Analytic skills and operation of related software. Matlab Programming.
The right candidate will be able to climb stairs and spend long periods of time working on a computer.
Submit resume to Dee Sausville at firstname.lastname@example.org
IEM Corporation is an EOE.