- Offices & Services
- Becker Career Center
- Alumni Jobs Bulletin
- Alumni Job Listings
- LAN/Network Engineers (CISCO)
LAN/Network Engineers (CISCO)
New York, NY - Posted on: Wednesday 11/23/16
The Financial Information Services Agency (FISA) has a vacancy for LAN/Network Engineers (CISCO) with extensive experience in the management of multiple network infrastructures.
• Coordinate citywide agencies for implementing network and DCD infrastructure for Operations Support.
• Provide Tier 3 support assistance and implementations to various networks and security related changes as and when requested by user group.
• Has strong knowledge on Load balancer, firewall, and Cisco switches/routers.
• Develop and maintain design and support documentation and policies.
• Configuring and supporting Network equipment in a multi-tiered environment, to support New York City's Automated Personnel System (NYCAPS), Payroll Management System (PMS) and Pension Payroll System (PPMS), Financial
Management System (FMS) and Timekeeping Systems (Citytime)
• S/he will work with the cross system application and integration teams on tactical and strategic projects in addition to handling the agencies LAN and numerous Enterprise applications which reside on a Web platform attached to a Cisco
• Managing day-to-day operations including issue resolution, resource utilization and task schedule management
• Providing support to the Network/Windows team to best meet the commitments and the project target dates;
• Supporting backup, recovery, performance and tuning, problem determination and resolution for network Infrastructure
• Ability to work well with manager, other departments, agencies, and technical support staff. This includes the ability to clearly document and explain problems, as well as work with others to resolve software defects
• Ability to plan, manage time according to schedules, arid provide status updates required
• Ability to quickly learn new tools and resolve issues using all available resources
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment
• Extensive experience supporting a Cisco Network and responsible for defining, implementing and maintaining the standard network procedures
• Strong understanding of monitoring and capacity planning tools
• Self-motivated and willing to work long hours and weekends, if required
1. A master's degree in computer science from an accredited college and three years of progressively more responsible, full-time, satisfactory experience using information technology in computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, database administration, planning of data/information processing, user services, or area networks at least 18 months of this experience must have been in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity in the areas of computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration, or planning of data processing or in the supervision of staff performing these duties; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of experience as described in "1" above; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and six years of experience as described in "1" above; or
4. A satisfactory combination of education and experience equivalent to "1", "2" or "3" above. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and must possess at least three years of experience as described in "1" above, including the 18 months of administrative, managerial, executive or supervisory experience as described in
Qualification Requirements (continued)
NOTE: The following types of experience are not acceptable: superficial use of preprogrammed software without complex programming, design, implementation or management of the product; use of word processing packages; use of a hand held calculator; primarily the entering or updating of data in a system; the operation of data processing hardware or consoles.
Hardware: Array SPX5800, Imperva 4500/6500/MX (web application firewall), Riverbed Cascade (Mazu Sensors and profilers), , Cisco SSL ACE, F5, Cisco ASA 55XX, Cisco Routers2800/7200 Series), Cisco Switches 4500/5000/5500/6500 Series, FWSM. Software/Management systems: Cisco ACS, Cisco Security Manager, Imperva SecureSpehere, Linux, Wireshark
External applicants please visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ to apply to Job ID # 272402. Current NYC employees may apply via Employee Self Service (ESS). While all complete applications will be given consideration, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by FISA.
FISA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm.
New York City Residency is not required for this position.