The primary role of the Lead PMO Analyst working under the direction of the Financial Management System (FMS) Project Manager is:
• Design, maintain and modify structured processes and work productions in areas such as: a) project planning, tracking, and reporting; and b) project team organization, staffing and team set-up;
• Assist FISA Project Manager(s) with cost projection, tracking and reporting; and
• Provide FMS PMO leadership and guidance, and ensure PMO daily activities and work product deliverables are complete.
• Track and monitor project deliverables to an on time completion.
• Supervise FISA project management staff and ensure that a standardized set of procedures are applied to FISA application project work;
Position Roles & Responsibilities
The Lead PMO Analyst will perform the following tasks:
• Develop and carry out standardized project processes and templates for status reporting, project plans, and System Development Life Cycle deliverables for an IT PMO, including project portfolio management.
• Create and maintain project plans including establishing weekly, monthly, and quarterly project plan processes that include but not limited to deliverable identification, establishing a plan baseline, plan updates, and plan reporting.
• Establish processes for tracking and reporting deliverable status and ensure consistency across different FISA systems.
• Conduct portfolio management compliance monitoring.
• Develop and produce Executive Management status reporting.
• Responsibility for developing weekly status meeting agenda, reporting, and follow up action items to ensure timely completion of plan tasks.
• Provide training and education to business and technical staff on status reporting, creation of new or modification to existing project plans, and issue identification and mitigation strategy approaches.
• Manage project scope, risks, issues and manages meetings to reach results with minimal supervision.
• Build alliances with business analysts, architects, operations, and vendors to work collaboratively across business segments.
• Coach team members in project management disciplines.
• Track and report deliverable status, ensure consistency across different FISA system projects.