Legal Support Analyst
New York, NY - Posted on: Monday 09/05/16
Division of Criminal Justice - Taxpayer Protection Bureau
Legal Support Analyst - New York City
Reference No. TPB_NYC_LSA_6030
The Office of the New York State Attorney General's Taxpayer Protection Bureau is seeking a bright, hardworking and motivated individual, who is committed to public service on behalf of the people of the State of New York, for the position of legal support analyst. This position is based in New York City.
Legal support analysts assist attorneys with investigations and litigation concerning fraud against the government by, among other things:
• Reviewing and organizing documents and other evidence;
• Conducting background research;
• Analyzing data;
• Organizing case files; and
• Providing legal and office support.
Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
• Summarizing large amounts of data and presenting it in a cogent manner;
• Identifying and locating potential sources of relevant information;
• Building professional relationships with partners in other government agencies;
• Becoming proficient in the use of law-enforcement databases; and
• Being adept and creative in the use of search engines and social media.
A college degree, exceptional attention to detail, excellent writing, communication and organizational skills are required. Proficiency with Word, Excel, Access and similar programs is preferred. Prior experience in tax, finance, litigation, investigations or other legal practice is favored.
Applications are being received online. To apply, please visit our careers website: http://www.ag.ny.gov/jobpostings.
Applicants must be prepared to submit a complete application consisting of the following:
• Cover Letter (You may address to Sandra Jefferson Grannum, Esq., Bureau Chief, Legal Recruitment);
• Writing Sample; and
• List of three (3) references with contact information and email addresses.
Please note: Failure to submit a complete application will delay the consideration of your application. If you have questions regarding a position with the OAG and the application process or you need assistance with submitting your application, please contact the Legal Recruitment Bureau via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 212-416-8080. For more information on our Office, please visit our website: www.ag.ny.gov.