- Becker Career Center
- Library and Arts Program Manager, Educational Support Services, Capital Region BOCES
Library and Arts Program Manager
Posted: 03/06/17 | SHARE:
Vacancy Number: 2017-157
Position: Library and Arts Program Manager
Location: Educational Support Services
1. School Library System (SLS): Responsible for running all aspects of the SLS, including resourcesharing, database development, staff development, library automation, Virtual Reference Library, and grants coordination.
2. Arts and Education: Responsible for managing all aspects of the arts and enrichment programs including Odyssey of the Mind, Masterminds, art show(s), professional development and collaboration with districts, artists and arts programs.
- Oversees the daily operations of the School Library System and Arts and Education
- Supervises staff in daily operations to meet the needs of districts and private schools
- Develops and administers an annual budget for the division in conjunction with senior level staff of both grant and co-ser based budgets. Includes working with component district and private school purchases of online catalog, databases, ebooks, instructional media, artists performances and arts/enrichment programming
- Responsible for hiring and supervising all staff including certified librarians, providing site visits and observations for itinerant staff
- Oversees the electronic Union Catalog of library holdings in Follett Destiny, including the addition of new materials, deletion of old materials, and general improvements to the quality of the Union Catalog
- Plans, coordinates, and provides professional development opportunities for school and community staff both locally and regionally
- Plans and develop new services as needed/requested/available, and communicates as changes are made
- Assures communication between services and constituent groups through list-serves, newsletters and meetings
- Works with SLS Council, Communications Coordinators, SLS committees, district PTA’s and arts organizations to assure that student, teacher, and administrative needs are being met
- Develops and implements the SLS Five-Year Plan of Service; prepares and submits the Annual Report to SED/Library Development after Council approval
- Acts as the primary BOCES liaison with school districts in all matters related to arts and school library system services/school library media program supports
- Interacts with other BOCES programs, such as NERIC, Model Schools, and Instructional programs, to build collaborative relationships and to take advantage of coordinated services that benefit all component school districts
- Oversees interlibrary loan throughout the SLS, including revision of policies, procedures, and forms as needed, keeping of statistics, problem-solving, and communicating as needed; provides access to a variety of information resources to districts, including online resources, and to BOCES programs in need of that information
- Maintains professional affiliations with both Library and Arts organizations
- Provide presentations and training to various organizations as submitted and/or requested
- Maximize opportunities to enrich library and arts programs individually and in conjunction with each other and other BOCES programs
- Participate in BOCES wide activities as directed, work collaboratively with all BOCES programs
- Assist the Assistant Superintendent for Instruction and Managing Program Coordinator in the management of the ESS Division or other BOCES programs and/or service delivery as requested
Minimum requirements include permanent School Library Certification with 3 years’ experience as School Library Media Specialist and NYS Administrative Certification-SDL/SBL.
Starting Date: As soon as possible or May 1, 2017.
Application Deadline: March 17, 2017
Starting Salary: Based on experience and qualification. The selected applicant will be subject to a fingerprint supported criminal history background check in accordance with SAVE Legislation effective July 1, 2001.