- Becker Career Center
- Mathematics & Statistics, Assistant Professor, University at Albany, Albany, NY
Mathematics & Statistics, Assistant Professor
Albany, NY - Posted: 10/24/16 | SHARE:
About University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany's broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,300 students in eight schools and colleges across three campuses.
Located in Albany, New York, New York State's capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics at the University at Albany, State University of New York, invites applications for a tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor. The term of the position begins in Fall 2017 and the targeted area in the search is "machine learning".
We are looking for a candidate who will significantly contribute to the department's research, closely collaborate with current members of the department, and enhance our undergraduate and graduate programs. In particular, we are seeking a person capable of teaching Statistics courses in our Actuarial Program, directing PhD students, and with potential for collaboration with our newly developing group in Data Science.
- Candidates are required to have a PhD or an equivalent doctoral degree in Mathematics from a university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized accrediting organization.
- Candidates should possess excellent research credentials as demonstrated by their PhD dissertation, publications, external funding, and as supported by letters of recommendation from experts in the field.
- Also of great importance are teaching credentials demonstrated by student evaluations and teaching awards and supported by letters of recommendation.
- All applicants must address in their applications their ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Some postdoctoral experience and a successful record of external funding are highly desirable.
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Assistant Professor, salary competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience
Start date: September 1, 2017
The closing date for receipt of applications is December 1, 2016.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=77747
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter
- 4 letters of reference*
*Special Note: The letters of reference can be sent to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: After submitting your CV, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your U-Albany Careers Account to check your completed application.