Mechanical Detailer Level 1
East Greenbush, NY - Posted: 10/26/16 | SHARE:
The role of this position is to provide various CAD modeling, drawing, and ERP assistance to the engineering and ECC team. A key aspect of the role will be evaluating current products for ROHS compliance and executing Change Orders and updating our ERP data base when needed to achieve ROHS compliance. This position will also support existing products by processing engineering change requests from start to finish using Solidworks and Epicor ERP system.
The Mechanical Detailer works within a dynamic group of talented engineers and scientists maintaining analytical instruments at the system and component level. This position requires a highly detailed individual able to operate well both independently and as part of a team. Demonstrated ability to take a high level of responsibility and be a major contributor to our continued success.
- Establish and maintain product documentation including drawing control, ECN, revisions and the electronic linking of BOM’s to current drawings using Solidworks and Epicor. The candidate will learn how to enter new parts, assemblies, and Bills of Operations in Epicor MRP system.
- Provide accurate solid models and detailed drawing changes per ISO and ASME in Solidworks under the direction of the Engineering Change Council.
- Provide EPDM drawing releases to the engineering team.
- Participate in ECC team visual management.
- Provide highly accurate data entry including part attributes, BOMs, and BOOs in the XOS ERP system.
- Provide mock-ups and preproduction parts using cutting edge prototyping and outsourcing techniques.
- Document assembly processes such as standard work, BIQ, and IMS and translates those notes into standard work documents under supervision.
Critical Success Factors:
- Ability to work cross functionally between groups
- Excellent communication skills.
- Listens and responds to customer needs
- Cultivates and enables breakthrough thinking to drive growth
- Utilizes critical thinking to solve problem
- Strong knowledge in SolidWorks or similar 3-D CAD modeler.
- Understands ASME and ISO drawing standards and can create and modify engineering models & drawings
- Understands BOM structures
- Ability to execute Solidworks engineering change requests
- Understands and can operate Machine shop metal working equipment
- Electrical or mechanical hands on aptitude
- 2 year technical degree or equivalent CAD certification
- ECC Board
- Research & Development
- Manufacturing Engineers
XOS is a leading manufacturer of application-specific X-ray analyzers, offering elemental analysis solutions that improve public safety and customer efficiency in industries like petroleum, consumer products, and environmental compliance. For petroleum applications, XOS offers portable, lab, and process analyzers with unrivalled precision at the push of a button. XOS also offers High Definition XRF (HDXRF©) analyzers for the detection of toxic elements in consumer products, such as toys and apparel and areas of environmental regulation, like soil and water. XOS’s advanced optics and OEM sub-systems can increase precision, speed, and spatial resolution, while decreasing the size, complexity, and cost of the instrument. XOS: Better Analysis Counts.
Danaher is a global science and technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life around the world. Our family of world class brands have unparalleled leadership positions in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including health care, environmental and communications. We are a globally diverse team of 66,000 associates united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our ultimate competitive advantage. In 2013, we generated $19.7 billion in revenue and our market capitalization exceeded $52 billion. We are ranked #152 on the Fortune 500 and, during the past 20 years, our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 Index by nearly 2,800 percent.
X-Ray Optical Systems, Inc. takes affirmative actions as an equal opportunity employer to attract, promote and retain the most fully qualified candidates without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, ancestry, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Please apply online via our website at https://xos.com/about-xos/careers/