Amherst, MA - Posted on: Tuesday 06/07/16
RDK’s Amherst, MA office is seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer to support its growing business. In this role, you will work with our Group Leader to develop design concepts and work with our junior staff to develop detailed design documents for laboratory and manufacturing building projects.
Ideal candidates will possess a BS ME with at least 5 years of HVAC design experience (preferably with lab/manufacturing projects) and be motivated to grow their career and mentor junior staff. This opportunity has meaningful growth and earnings potential, as well as the quality of life found in beautiful western Massachusetts.
What You Will Do:
- Responsible for mechanical/HVAC system design in a lead engineering role on projects
- Development of system concepts, calculations, system sizing and selection, specifications, and technical reports
- Client and project team communications and coordination
- Services during construction
- Responsible for developing and adhering to design budgets.
- Mentor staff
- Coordinate all disciplines
What You Will Bring to the Table:
- Must have at least five (5) years of applicable experience in the consulting engineering field including developing plans and specifications.
- Thorough understanding of the principles of HVAC systems design, particularly for industrial and laboratory facilities.
- Ability to accurately estimate and forecast design effort and coordinate with project team across disciplines.
- BSME engineering degree required; EIT preferred
- Proficiency in the operation of computer systems including Outlook, Microsoft Office, and AutoCAD MEP and Revit preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with clients and staff
What You Can Expect from RDK Engineers:
- Highly Competitive Salary
- Pay for all hours worked
- Bonus Opportunities
- Profit Sharing
- Medical and Dental Insurance with generous employer cost-share
- 100% employer paid - Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Group Life-Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employer Matched 401(k) Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off Benefits
- Work/Life Balance
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also visit our Careers Page:http://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/jobSearch.jsp?org=RDKENGINEERS&cws=1&org=RDKENGINEERS