- Offices & Services
- Becker Career Center
- Alumni Jobs Bulletin
- Alumni Job Listings
- Membership and Development Specialist
Membership and Development Specialist
Washington, D.C. - Posted on: Monday 10/03/16
Location: NOW National Action Center, 1100 H Street NW, Suite 300, Washington, D.C. (one block from Metro Center). This is an in-house, full-time position in our Washington, D.C., office so please be local to D.C. or willing to relocate. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
The National Organization for Women (NOW) seeks a Membership Associate to join its team in Washington, D.C. The Membership Associate assists the Membership and Fundraising Departments by providing customer service, assisting with data entry and management, and collaborating with the Accounting Department. Candidate must be extremely detail-oriented and organized, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, and should be highly interested in feminist activism. Ideal candidate will have experience with databases, data entry, customer service, and the ability to work on a team and independently.
- Process incoming memberships, bequests, corporate matching gifts, and other contributions
- Regularly update membership and donor database
- Regularly sort and file department files and data-entry batches
- Provide personalized customer service for state and chapter leaders, members, donors, and others
- Process credit card charges
- Assist the Finance Department with payment processing
- Manage the donor acknowledgement process
- Assist in planning the annual conference – update and oversee registration process, report on registration and sponsorship revenue
- Work with interns, volunteers, and chapter leaders
- Two to three years of relevant experience in a membership, development, or administrative position, ideally in a nonprofit setting
- Strong desire to learn new skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Google Drive
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines, manage multiple priorities, work under pressure, handle simultaneous assignments, and work both independently and within a team setting.
- Commitment to NOW’s mission, purpose and values; knowledge of NOW’s structure and involvement in feminist issues a real plus
- Experience with fundraising databases and/or CRMs
- Experience with Salsa
SalarySalary based on experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits include health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, paid sick days and generous holiday & vacation policies.