Mid-Level Electrical Design Engineer
Albany, NY - Posted on: Wednesday 07/20/16
We are seeking an experienced electrical design engineer for our growing electrical/technology engineering team in our Albany, NY office. This individual will be an integral part of our engineering design group, working alongside our engineering managers, architects, and project managers in performing technical design and specification.
The qualified individual should have at least 4 years of experience designing building electrical systems for new construction and renovation projects as a consultant to architects, developers and property owners.
- Minimum of 4 years U.S.-based experience designing building electrical systems in the A/E and construction industry.
- Experience performing engineering tasks as an electrical design engineer from concept design through construction closeout, including development of construction drawings, specifications, calculations and cost estimates.
- Experience performing electric service calculations, designing electrical distribution systems, designing lighting and lighting control systems, selecting and scheduling equipment.
- Experience surveying and assessing existing buildings and associated electrical systems to document existing conditions.
- Experience in construction administration (submittals, RFIs, construction site observations and documentation).
- Working knowledge of state and national building and energy codes and standards.
- Fire alarm system design experience is a plus.
- Telecommunications system design experience is a plus.
- LEED certified project experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering required.
- Pursuing a Professional Engineer (PE) License is highly desired.
- LEED AP accreditation is preferred.
If you are interested in employment with CSArch, please submit a cover letter, resume, work samples and your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail your application to:
Alexis Teixeira, Human Resources Manager
CSArch Architecture | Engineering | Construction Management
40 Beaver Street, Albany, New York 12207