Mid-Level Mechanical (HVAC) Design Engineer
Albany, NY - Posted on: Wednesday 07/20/16
We are seeking an experienced mechanical design engineer for our growing engineering team in our Albany, NY office. This individual will be an integral part of our engineering design group, working alongside our engineering managers, architects, and project managers in performing technical design and specification.
The qualified individual should have at least 5 years of experience designing building mechanical systems (HVAC) for new construction and renovation projects as a consultant to architects, developers and property owners.
- Minimum of 5 years U.S.-based experience designing building mechanical systems (HVAC) in the A/E and construction industry.
- Experience performing engineering tasks as a mechanical design engineer from concept design through construction closeout, including development of construction drawings, specifications, calculations and cost estimates.
- Experience surveying and assessing existing buildings and associated mechanical and plumbing equipment to develop future capital improvement projects for the client.
- Working knowledge of state and national building and energy codes and standards.
- Experience reviewing construction documents for code compliance, interdisciplinary coordination, and quality assurance.
- Experience in construction administration (submittals, RFIs, construction site observations and documentation).
- Energy modeling experience is a plus.
- LEED certified project experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering required.
- Professional Engineer (PE) License highly desired.
- LEED AP accreditation is preferred.
If you are interested in employment with CSArch, please submit a cover letter, resume, work samples and your salary requirements to email@example.com, or mail your application to:
Alexis Teixeira, Human Resources Manager
CSArch Architecture | Engineering | Construction Management
40 Beaver Street, Albany, New York 12207