- Offices & Services
- Becker Career Center
- Alumni Jobs Bulletin
- Alumni Job Listings
- OMB Business Analyst
OMB Business Analyst
New York, NY - Posted on: Tuesday 12/13/16
Under the direction of the FISA OMB Entity Manager with wide latitude for independent judgment, s/he will serve as a business analyst in the Financial System Group of FISA. The Business Analyst will support the Accounting, Budget and Procurement systems which
are under the umbrella of the city's Financial Management System (FMS). The primary focus of the analyst activities will be supporting the portions of the application that manage budgeting related functions.
The primary responsibilities of the position are:
• Investigate and resolve software issues and defects reported by business users and others.
• Work with technical analysts to research problems and find and implement solutions and, as necessary, review programming code in order to determine the effort needed to make changes.
• Manage all aspects of small software development projects.
• Perform forensic data analysis and reconciliation of accounting data as part of issue resolution.
• Analyze complex computer programming specifications in order to prepare charts and diagrams.
• Analyze and document business requirements - with a focus on the budget preparation and budget maintenance systems for both general and capital funds.
• Test software to ensure it meets specifications and identify any defects.
• Support business users in the processing of business events.
• Run simulations of business event processing.
• Communicate issues and status to management and others.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of satisfactory full-time experience related to the area(s) required by the particular position; or,
2. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" above.
• Extensive hands-on experience as an analyst supporting accounting and/or budgeting and/or procurement software and business processes.
• Extensive experience working with data analysis/reporting tools such as; SQL, Crystal Reports, MS Access, Excel.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills (i.e. analysis, problem re-creation and very detailed oriented).
• Demonstrated ability performing project management activities
• The candidate should have deep knowledge of the full application development and deployment life cycle processes.
• Good work task organizational skills and detailed follow-through skills are required to monitor and report on the status of development and to resolve issues that are uncovered.
• Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills are required.
• Experience working in a large organization with complex procurement / purchasing processes.
• Work experience should reflect proven ability in developing and delivering successful enterprise wide applications and in coordinating such deployments.
• Experience with FMS/3 Accounting or FMS Budgeting is preferred. Also acceptable is experience with any other analogous enterprise wide management solution (e.g., Peoplesoft, SAP, etc).
TITLE SALARY RANGE:
HIRING RATE: $75,000
UP TO: $95,000
Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm.
New York City Residency is not required for this position.
External applicants please visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ to apply to Job ID # 274581. Current NYC employees may apply via Employee Self Service (ESS). While all complete applications will be given consideration, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by FISA.
FISA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.