Richmond, VA - Posted on: Wednesday 06/22/16
The Democratic Party of Virginia is hiring organizers to build a diverse and robust organizing team in Virginia in 2016. We are looking for passionate, hardworking individuals who are committed to helping elect Virginia Democrats this year in some of the most hotly contested races in the country. If interested, please send a resume and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Organizers will be responsible for various tasks focused on community engagement and capacity building. Organizers should be high energy, outgoing, enthusiastic, and willing to work long hours. Candidates with experience building coalitions among diverse groups of people and experience holding volunteers accountable are preferred. Organizers report directly to a Regional Organizing Director.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Including, but not limited to:
- Recruit, train and manage fellows and volunteers and expand the volunteer network
- Plan and manage voter registration action events
- Plan and manage phone banks and canvasses
- Knock on doors and make phone calls
- Amplify message, recruit volunteers and create online communities using social media platforms
- Help create a program that reflects assigned organizing regions
- Exceptionally well organized with the ability to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Disciplined and solution-oriented approach to all tasks
- Must have access to a vehicle and a cellphone
- Commitment to electing all Democrats on the ballot
Preferred Background & Experience
- Previous campaign experience
- Proficiency with Votebuilder/VAN
If interested in applying, send a resume and two references to email@example.com. Please include "Organizer” in the subject line.
The Democratic Party of Virginia seeks organizers on an equal opportunity basis. We are committed to diversity, and have the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse team of organizers. We believe every organizer has the right to work in an environment free from discrimination as is consistent with our commitment to diversity, respect, and inclusion.