Outreach and Education Program Administrator
Medford, MA - Posted on: Friday 06/17/16
Tufts Office of Sustainability serves as a resource, a catalyst, and an advocate for environmental sustainability at Tufts. The Office is supported by the university and works to:
• Enhance Tufts' reputation as a leader.
• Ensure that Tufts' sustainability efforts are comprehensive and focused on meaningful projects.
• Identify, evaluate, and implement opportunities for sustainability leadership.
• Promote the strength of Tufts’ sustainability efforts.
• Measure Tufts' progress toward commitments and regional goals.
• Identify sustainability opportunities that may provide Tufts with significant benefit such as reduced risk, financial savings, and avoided problems/fines.
• Integrate sustainability issues into research, scholarship and student life.
The Education and Outreach Program Administrator is responsible for managing the design, implementation, and evaluation of innovative campus‐wide education, outreach, and engagement strategies to increase the practice of sustainable behaviors, enhance awareness of Tufts’ sustainability initiatives and accomplishments, and foster a culture of sustainable decision-making and action at Tufts.
This position develops, manages, leads, and evaluates both student and employee education and behavior change programs, such as the student Eco-Reps program and employee Eco-Ambassador and Green Office Certification programs. S/he develops and implements creative and innovative trainings, resources, campaigns, and events to foster sustainable behavior among staff, faculty, and students across the university’s three campuses. This individual also collaborates with a diverse array of divisions, departments, offices, and student groups across the university to educate and train their members, provide strategic guidance on the development and implementation of sustainability initiatives and programs, and advance university-wide sustainability projects and goals.
• 3-5 years direct experience in community engagement campaigns, campus and office sustainability, and/or training.Preferred Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
• Direct experience in sustainability, community based social marketing, institutional change, and community engagement campaigns.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Experience leading in-person training programs.
• Strong public speaking, presentation, facilitation, and meeting management skills.
• Ability to develop program and training materials for a variety of target audiences.
• Strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple concurrent projects with competing deadlines while maintaining strict attention to detail.
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a highly diverse, team-based environment.
• Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of environmental sustainability issues, green living, energy conservation, recycling, climate change, behavior change strategies, etc.
• Resilient personality with a high degree of flexibility, adaptability, and general ability to respond to emerging opportunities in a constantly changing environment.
• Well organized and detail oriented.
• Positive, can-do attitude.
• Creative, enthusiastic, and entrepreneurial with a high level of energy and initiative.
• Ability to gauge program effectiveness from community feedback and implement improvements to processes or the curriculum as needed.Special Work Schedule Requirements:
• Experience with web content management tools, blogs, newsletter engines, such as Mailchimp, web-based collaboration tools (Box, Asana, etc.), and training platforms.
• Experience designing and running Community-Based Social Marketing (CBSM) campaigns.
• Experience conducting research on environmental and change management issues.
• Experience coordinating and engaging with diverse stakeholder groups.
• Ability to produce accurate and reliable statistics.
• Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
While based on the Medford/Somerville campus, this individual will be expected to periodically travel to Tufts’ campuses in Boston and Grafton. This position also entails periodic work outside of conventional office hours (e.g. in evenings, on weekends). Tufts University has many research laboratories as well as clinics for dental and veterinary medicine. This position may have incidental exposure to animals and chemicals on an occasional basis (e.g. talking to a professor in their laboratory or evaluating recycling containers in a clinic).
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds. Please see the Tufts University non-discrimination statement.