Mid-Hudson Valley, NY - Posted on: Monday 12/19/16
Employee Type: Full-Time
Req’d Education: BA/BS required
Req’d Experience: 1-3 Years Preferred
Manages others: No
Are you interested in Sustainability and do you care about our Environment?
Do you enjoy working with people?
Are you a self-starter?
Then we have the perfect position for you!
We are seeking an outgoing Outreach Manager to cover a territory in the Mid-Hudson Valley (i.e., Rockland, Orange, Ulster and/or Dutchess County).
MetroPool is a transportation solutions provider, headquartered in White Plains, NY. Our mission is to develop and provide transportation services in an environmentally and economically viable manner that enhances workplace efficiency, supports quality of life and creates healthy communities. We design and deliver sustainable transportation solutions for individuals, communities, corporations and government partners. We provide programs and services to employers, commuters and travelers in the Mid-Hudson Valley and the greater New York Metro area that encourage the use of sustainable transportation options such as carpooling, vanpooling, public transit, bicycling and walking.
Position Summary: This position is responsible for promoting, coordinating, implementing and maintaining Commute Option Programs at employer sites located in the Lower/Mid-Hudson Valley service area; as well as promoting services to the general public. The position requires the Outreach Manager to work effectively with both the public and private sector to gain regional support for the implementation of products and services. The Outreach Manager is responsible for building relationships with employers, growing the carpooling database, starting new vanpools, building ridership on mass transit and promoting emerging sustainable transportation services. The Outreach Manager is responsible for regular, timely activity and results reporting, pipeline management, and ongoing Customer account management, performance incentives and growth opportunities.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- · Identify new employers and maintain productive relationships with existing employer clients. Work with employers to reach and assist their employees and to solve any transportation challenges. Direct and coordinate on-site transportation events for employers and employees.
- · Promote, coordinate and manage targeted initiatives such as Earth Day events, Car Free Day, Try-Transit Week and Commuter Challenges.
- · Promote and present transportation services such as carpool ridematching, vanpool formation, public transit, shuttles, telework programs, biking and walking.
- · Collaborate with local transit providers, vanpool vendors, local municipalities and planning organization to promote a full range of transportation options.
- · Work with MetroPool team to distribute informational materials, maintain sales data and produce regular weekly and monthly performance reports.
- Positive attitude
- · Self-starter
- · Strong people and relationship building skills
- · Strong organizational and follow up skills
- · Strong communication and presentation skills
- · Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment
- · Solid computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite, Database management
Preferred Background in Education/Industries:
- · Sales
- · Sustainability/Environmental
- · Business
- · Regular local travel within Mid-Hudson Valley; must have valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
We offer a generous suite of benefits, including:
- · Paid Holidays and Vacation Time
- · Sick Time Off
- · Medical, Dental, Disability and Basic Life Insurance
- · 401K
If you want to make the world a better place we would welcome an opportunity to speak with you.
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Resume reviews begin immediately and may conclude without notice. EOE