- Becker Career Center
- Part-time Events Coordinator, The Resolution Project, Inc., New York, NY
Part-time Events Coordinator
New York, NY - Posted: 12/23/16 | SHARE:
Start Date: Immediately
ABOUT THE RESOLUTION PROJECT
The Resolution Project ("Resolution") is a unique pathway to action for aspiring young leaders committed to changing the world. Resolution identifies and empowers undergraduate students across the globe who wish to launch new social ventures supported by Resolution's international network of resources. More than 200 Resolution Fellows, in more than 50 countries and on all six inhabited continents (including across the United States), are working in diverse, high-impact fields such as water, food, sustainable development, education, energy and the environment, equality and empowerment, health and wellness, and humanitarian relief. Supporting our Fellows are over 500 volunteers, a dedicated staff, and dozens of partners from both the public and private sectors.
The Resolution Project runs two major fundraisers and several smaller fundraising, "friend-raising," and thought leadership events each year. We are looking for an enthusiastic, tireless, detail-oriented team-player to work closely with our events team, comprising a volunteer Director of Events, event Team Leads, staff, and other organization leaders. The coordinator will support the execution of the Young Leaders Now Award Dinner, the Resolve Gala, and other events throughout the year.
- The Resolution Young Leaders Now ("YLN") Award highlights extraordinary social entrepreneurs who started their work while still in college, like our Resolution Fellows. These leaders are beacons for current Resolution Fellows to aspire toward, and also a way for our community to celebrate successful young leaders together. The award presentation consists of a beautiful sit-down dinner at the Harvard Club of New York City, with a short award program and cocktail hour.
- The Resolve Gala is also held each year at the Harvard Club of New York City. We welcome more than 600 business and community leaders for an evening celebrating sustainability and the work of Resolution Fellows around the world. The event is responsible for raising more than $400,000 and includes an open bar, silent auction, series of interactive installations featuring the work of Resolution Fellows, and a live performance. Last year's gala featured a private concert by a Grammy award-winning artist.
Assist in major aspects of coordination, execution, and follow-up of Resolution fundraisers:
- Support identification and tracking of event sponsors
- Support sponsor management (i.e., collecting guest lists, securing approvals of logo placement, etc.)
Communications and Event Collateral
- Work with design team to review all print and digital materials
- Work with staff to issue digital and print Save the Date and invitations
- Prepare social media postings
- Draft postings to help recruit day-of event volunteers
- Support logistics related to event planning (i.e. reviewing contracts, managing ticketing website, helping with event check-in, etc.)
- Prepare and manage event supplies and assist with on-site setups/breakdowns; manage guest check-in for both events
- Work with creative team to help execute several on-site installations at the event(s) and a digital book that is distributed at the Resolve gala
- Help coordinate travel and accommodation for special event guests
- Attend weekly events meetings (Wednesday evenings at 7:30pm) and occasional weekend work sessions
- Take meeting notes
- Coordinate with staff to ensure all financial contributions are tracked and logged in Salesforce
- Assist with planning the silent auction, contacting donors and securing contributions
- Manage silent auction logistics (i.e. tracking package elements, outlining redemption instructions, sourcing display materials, etc.)
- Assist with soliciting gift bag donors and securing contributions
Attendee Support - Tracking RSVPs and responding to inquiries
Vendor Management – Support outreach to new vendors (alcohol, gift bag, floral, technology rentals, etc.)
Post-Event Follow Up - Following events, assist with appropriate thank you messages and prompt follow-up for participants, sponsors, and donors
- Interest and experience in event planning and execution
- Extremely organized with meticulous attention to detail and follow-up, and strong follow-through
- Ability to be based in our New York City office at least 2 - 3 days per week
- Flexible schedule: This individual will work out of Resolution's small midtown office, but will be asked to work some evening and weekend hours. Attendance at weekly Wednesday meetings from 7:30pm – 9pm and availability all day on June 8th and October 13th is mandatory. Weekend availability will likely be necessary in the weeks leading up to the events
- Self-starter – ability to work well alone and with others
- Team-player attitude. We are a small group with a 'roll up your sleeves' corporate culture, so we are looking for someone who is excited about lending a hand
- Adaptable and quick learner
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with high level of general computer competency. Knowledge of Salesforce, Eventbrite, and Mailchimp a plus
- The ideal candidate is someone who proven success in managing nonprofit events and working closely in small teams and with volunteers to achieve event goals.
Send cover letter, resume, and salary history or minimum salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include "Part-time Events Coordinator" as the subject line of the email. No phone calls or faxes, please.
Hours per week: 10 hours/wk in the lead up to each event; up to 20 hours/wk closer to the event dates.
Compensation: $15 - $20 per hour, depending on experience.
The Resolution Project is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, religion, sexual orientation or political beliefs.