- Becker Career Center
- PEOPLESOFT DEVELOPER, The Financial Information Services Agency (FISA), New York, NY
PEOPLESOFT DEVELOPER, Job ID#281784
Posted: 03/03/17 | SHARE:
The Financial Information Services Agency (FISA) has a vacancy for a PeopleSoft Developer to support ongoing production maintenance and the implementation of expanded functionality of the HR and Benefits functions.
Under the direction of the Development Lead, the PeopleSoft Developer has the primary responsibility of ensuring the quality of the software architecture, as well as any associated custom development to meet the City's functional and technical requirements. This position will work closely with the Project Manager, Technical Lead, Business Analysts, Test Lead and key business partners to design, develop, unit test and implement product initiatives to support production. This person will work in various teams, but will need to have the ability to work independently and prioritize tasks to meet project deadlines.
1. A master's degree in computer science from an accredited college and three years of progressively more responsible, full-time, satisfactory experience using information technology in computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, database administration, planning of data/information processing, user services, or area networks at least 18 months of this experience must have been in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity in the areas of computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration, or planning of data processing or in the supervision of staff performing these duties; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of experience as described in "1" above; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and six years of experience as described in "1" above; or
4. A satisfactory combination of education and experience equivalent to "1", "2" or "3" above. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and must possess at least three years of experience as described in "1" above, including the 18 months of administrative, managerial, executive or supervisory experience as described in
Qualification Requirements (continued)
NOTE: The following types of experience are not acceptable: superficial use of preprogrammed software without complex programming, design, implementation or management of the product; use of word processing packages; use of a hand held calculator; primarily the entering or updating of data in a system; the operation of data processing hardware or consoles.
• Strong experience using PeopleSoft in v9.2+ development experience with HR, Benefits Administration, Manager Self Service and/or Workflow.
• Strong experience with PeopleSoft development tools version 8.54+
• Strong experience with PeopleCode and SQR.
• Strong PeopleSoft development and integration experience with tool upgrades, applying patches and bundles.
• Strong experience developing PeopleSoft interfaces into legacy and 3rd party systems.
• Strong knowledge of STAT tool, DB2, and SQL Server.
• Experience in fine tuning large installations of PeopleSoft on Oracle in both UNIX and Windows.
• Experience with Oracle database and PS administration.
• Good knowledge of Data Mover, Application Designer, Query Manager, Integration Broker, and Job Scheduling,
• Experience working on an enterprise wide projects a must.
• Good Communications skills (Oral and written), interpersonal, and organizational skills are required.
• Certified in Oracle.
• VISTA Plus report distribution tool.
• CA Scheduler Tool.
External applicants please visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ to apply to Job ID # 281784. Current NYC employees may apply via Employee Self Service (ESS). While all complete applications will be given consideration, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by FISA.
FISA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm.
New York City Residency is not required for this position.