- Offices & Services
- Becker Career Center
- Alumni Jobs Bulletin
- Alumni Job Listings
- Performance and Systems Analyst
Performance and Systems Analyst
Albany, NY or New York, NY - Posted on: Monday 10/03/16
About Research Foundation for SUNY System:
The Research Foundation for The State University of New York (RF) is the largest, most comprehensive university-connected research foundation in the country.
Serving SUNY and New York State, the RF provides essential services to SUNY faculty, students and staff who are performing life-changing research in life sciences and medicine; engineering and nanotechnology; physical sciences and energy; social sciences; and computer and information sciences. More than 15,000 dedicated RF employees work on SUNY-led research, training and public service projects throughout New York, across the country and around the world.
This position is being offered through the Research Foundation for SUNY at the Charter Schools Institute. The Board of Trustees of the State University of New York (SUNY) established the Charter Schools Institute in February 1999 to assist in carrying out its responsibilities under the New York Charter Schools Act of 1998 (Article 56 of the New York Education Law).
SUNY's Charter Schools Institute seeks a Performance and Systems Analyst to join a nationally award winning team of high quality charter school authorizers. Under the direction of the Institute's Executive Deputy Director for Accountability and reporting to the Senior Performance and Systems Analyst, the Performance and Systems Analyst will manage Institute data and provide performance analyses that support the Institute's work by: 1) monitoring and coordinating the development of school Accountability Plans and school data reporting; 2) analyzing individual school performance as part of the Institute's oversight and evaluation protocols; 3) providing evaluation and analytic support to the Institute's school evaluation teams; and 4) carrying out designated projects and tasks related to other core functions of the Institute.
SUNY's Charter Schools Institute is a fast-paced work environment committed to supporting the Trustees in ensuring SUNY charter schools demonstrate strong academic performance and fidelity to the SUNY Renewal Benchmarks. Strong candidates for the Performance and Systems Analyst position will demonstrate the drive and desire to propel improved academic outcomes for all students through high quality authorizing practices that require strong communication skills, the ability to gather, analyze and produce a high volume information in a timely and accessible manner, infuse quality, coherence and organization throughout all assigned tasks and embrace the opportunity to work with a national model for high quality charter school oversight.
Specific duties will include:
- Gather, organize, maintain and utilize school performance data to produce school and network performance analyses;
- Maintain student achievement database, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of school- and student-level data;
- Monitor and provide feedback to schools about development of Accountability Plans;
- Evaluate charter school Accountability Plan reports, and monitor progress toward stated performance outcomes;
- Support Institute staff in developing capacity for implementation and use of data management systems;
- Provide general technical assistance and feedback to charter school applicants and specific technical assistance to operating charter schools on using statistical analyses of student academic data for completing Accountability Plan reports and improving instruction;
- Support the Senior Performance and Systems Analyst producing data reports on school performance based on Institute priorities, Accountability Plan goals and measures; contribute to school evaluation visits and reports; and
- Provide training and support to charter schools and charter school boards on developing and analyzing Accountability Plans and performance data.
Other Core Function Duties:
- Provide written reports to senior staff, informational memos for school files; draft outgoing correspondence and complete other written assignments as appropriate;
- Produce ad hoc data reports and assist in the presentation of school data as required;
- Assist senior staff with the development and execution of the Institute's research agenda and school evaluations; and
- Conduct informal and formal visits to charter schools in accordance with the Institute's monitoring protocols.
Master's degree public policy/administration, business, education or other relevant field preferred. Experience with statistics and systems analysis required. Experience with data and document management systems preferred. Experience in an education setting preferred. Must be highly competent in Microsoft Access and Excel, experienced in software used for statistical analysis of data (e.g., Stata, R, or Tableau), and demonstrate strong organizational, multi-tasking, communication, and project management skills. Ability to travel within New York State, including participating on school visit teams as required.
New York City or Albany, NY.
Up to $75,000 commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, The Research Foundation for SUNY will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.